Anal fistula seton

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had perianal abscess which was causing a lot of pain, was suppose to have an incision and drainage under EUA but the absscess burst on its own. Then the surgery got cancelled. A week later abscess started getting back filed, fistula diagnosed and seton procedure recommended. Had the surgery and it's now 4 days. I am in extreme pain, sitting, walking, coughing is really painful.

Have a follow up appointment in 5 weeks. I am not sure how will i cope in my existing condition. Been off from work for 3 weeks, I have responsibile job and can't just keep taking time off. Has anyone else have any experience of this ? Will the seton pain get easier. I am losing a bit of bowel control too which is not nice to experience.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I haven't had the fistula surgery, but I'm going through an Abscess that will likely become a fistula. How have you been since the last time you posted?

• Posted

Hey Backerloo, was wondering how you have been since having your set on put it. It seems it was around 3 months ago.

I had sciatica and went to the ER with a completely new pain but slightly off from my sciatic nerve. Either way they misdiagnosed me and sent me home saying it was my sciatica (even though I had sciatica for a while so I already knew what it felt like and this was not it)

5 days later i went back to the ER on the night because the pain was just excruciating. Turned out i had an abscess so I had to have surgery the next day. This was an evil time for me because I then got septicemia and I was extremely ill.

Surgeon notified me that I also had a fistula which he wouldn't touch because I needed to see a colorectal surgeon.

I was really lucky i think as for the first few days, maybe a week the wound just bled a little and the pain was not too bad at all. Then around a week later the pain got worse and I can truthfully say, the more I do the more drainage and pain I have. I have found apart from taking Percocet and hot baths nothing else really works.

I just wondered how you got on, whether you still have your seton in or what stage you are at. Let me know it would be nice to have a chat with someone who either went or is going through the same thing as me.

I look forward to hearing from you

Regards

Zoe

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.