Anal infection/Abscess? **photos

Posted ,

I have had a pretty gnarly case of hemorrhoids for a long time, since even before having kids. I have diagnosed IBS too.

Over the last 2 weeks, I started getting this terrible pain and assumed it was a hemorrhoid flare up or a new one forming. I have internal and external.

The pain was so terrible, it hurt to sleep, walk, sit, anything. All I wanted to do was sit in the shower. I finally looked at it, and it was a huge, swollen thing hanging down. I am pretty sure I have had this for awhile. But over the last 2-3 months, have noticed a discharge - just clear, maybe a little bit of a fishy smell (sorry, it's so gross!) But it was never anything too crazy, just annoying. So I have been super ridiculous with keeping it clean. I wonder, whatever it is, if my cleaning/washing my anal area several times a day aggrivated it. Anyway, about 10 days ago, the severe pain started. I took a closer look. It finally started healing. The swelling has gone down considerably over the last 5 days. It doesn't hurt constantly anymore, barely at all right now. But after checking it out today, it looked like extra little balls of skin on it, so I picked one off and instantly, a good amount of fluid came out (like, a 1/2 tsp or so). With blood and liquid. I am assuming it was an infection of some sort. Now that it's not swollen, I can see the other side seems to have an opening (that looks like it goes down into this thing that is hanging..)I am so hesitant to go to the doctor because it's so embarrassing, and the whole COVID situation (we have a kid on immune suppressants in our home). So I guess and I wondering if anyone has seen anything like this? What type of doctor would I try to get into if I did get the courage to go?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

• Posted

the top right photo was the worst of it. the other two are today, before and after I removed the white things, which felt like little balls of excess skin.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.