Anal lesions from hemorrhoids removal surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’ve had left over piles/hemorrhoids for a few years now and I’ve been to a private hospital who recommended having anal lesion removal surgery. Has anyone ever had this before? If so is it worth it? Do the bumps completely go? 

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I have the same. I have some hemorrhoids and skin tags that need attention. I recently had anal fissure surgery but the doctor didn’t want to do it at the same time as it would be too much trauma to the area. So I have to go back to do it. I also need some advice as to recovery and if it does make everything neat again 
  • Posted

Hi Maria,

Don't do it. I also had a skin tag from an old hemmorrhoid -all external.I had it removed 7 months ago and ended up with an anal fissure from which I am still suffering from. I had LIS surgery so that the fissure would healsince creams and botox did not take the pain away.But mine hasn't heal yet and still in pain.It was been a nightmare. I have been told that the wrong sutures were used, that it was cut at a wrong angle  or that it was caused from the retractor. My advise is don't do it. I totally reqret doing it. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.