Anal LS

Posted , 7 users are following.

Is there anyone out there suffering from Anal LS if so what are the symptoms

thanks

elaine

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

That is how mine started. It has since spread to my vaginal area.

My major symptoms are intense itching and bleeding. I guess it gets so bad it bleeds. I thought my hemorrhoids were to blame but I was told no, it is actually the LS.

I hope that helps.

• Posted

Uncomfortable bowel movements. I must have had some fine tears, but no bleeding. Doctor made me aware of it. In particular a faint white line had formed on the inside of each buttock. I was shocked to see it. Went away after using a milder steroid ointment.

• Posted

Hi.

I wasn't aware of Anal LS . As I understand it, LS grows or lives in a figure of 8. around the inside of the labia majora over the perineum around the rectum. At the moment mine is very active around the whole rectum area. itchy most of the time unless i use steroid cream. It seems to move around but I have no idea why. I imagine it does not live inside the anus or rectum itself because it does not travel high up into the vagina either. I hope this helps explain a little but I am no expert.

Good luck.

• Posted

dee, I wouldn't call it living. As I understand LS is an autoimmune disease which means the body attacks itself. I think of it as psoriasis of the vulva except in the case of LS it causes the disappearance/fusing of skin . Both involve itching and plaque formation. I'm sure there's been a tremendous amount of study re psoriasis as it is not uncommon, affects people of all ages and is visible, yet there is no "cure" that I know of. Steroids are a common treatment for it like LS .

• Posted

morning!

This is the area i suffer most-itching gets unbearable, bleeding fresh blood everytime i have my bowels open, sore and torn perineum- and the worst is the way is really difficult to explain to other people! I Find anti-histamines hep with bad itching but its always there to a greater or lesser extent!

Diet for me plays a massive part- no sugars including carbs!!

• Posted

i have this too... really getting me down. red and itchy.. its uncomfortable to walk sometimes.. very embrassing too , tired of having to pull my underwear down in front of female doctors.

• Posted

Sally, I asked my gyn (who specializes in vulval skin issues) about diet affecting LS. Her response is there are no studies proving that it does. I wonder if it's possible for people to push for studies to be conducted? It would certainly be helpful.

• Posted

HI Beverly

Mine said the same thing- do you see her at Bristol bu any chance?

Ive cut down this week as the weekend was really bad following a week of bread and its much improved already!

Im gonna start a diary and see if it really does help!

Sally

• Posted

Sally, I'm in the US so I see private doctors. Am going on a Medicare PPO plan (if you know what that means) for the new year. Have had an HMO plan. I pay co-pays and deductibles, insurance co pays the rest, but there are limits.

I have just headed south for the winter so have had to start from scratch re groceries. Decided I will try (once again) to at least cut the amount of gluten consumption. I don't eat tons of bread (maybe a slice or two a day and had switched to sourdough), eat rice crackers and very little sugar. Have tried to cut gluten in the past due to digestive issues, but I could not stick with it. I don't have severe LS symptoms so am not highly motivated, but I would like to keep it as mild as possible if not in total remission. Would also love to lose 10 lbs of belly fat!

Can't imagine there will ever be LS/diet studies unless the government were to sponsor them. Certainly nothing in it for the drug co's and they are the ones doing most of the studies.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.