Anal pain, discomfort and burning.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey everyone,

So I've been dealing with hemmorhoids for over 4 years now and recently been getting anal fissures.

in the last year I've had THD which was honestly the worst decision ever as I feel as though it made my problem worse and more consistant ie pain etc...

with that I still developed another internal hemmohoid and got it banded. the doc told me to just live my life which I did...but ended it up not healing.

last month I saw a new general surgeon and with just general inspection she noticed a anal fissure but 6 weeks prior to that she say nothing...which is frustrating.

just some background...I'm a avid fitness freak and a gay male that has anal sex. not sure if they relate as from August to January I did not have no anal sex and the pain and burning were still there.

so with this anal fissure the doc advised to continue doing sitz bath to which I was religious twice daily for months and oreavibes a dialiatizem cream. it's now going on week 3 and have some relief but not totally healed.

I drink plenty of fluids...my diet is great...dont really pass hard stools...maybe here and there with a heavy meal and red meats ...stopped or limited wiping after bms. seemed to help the inflammation and burning.

my I still always feel something is there....and I'm getting very frustrated. I'm waiting for a coleateroal surgeon consult...

am I doing anything wrong?

should I stop working? should I stop eating so much protein??

thank you for your insights

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I feel for you, I am going through the same at the moment, very painful, burning, stinging anal spasms, and doing sitz baths but not much relief. I would try to eat more vegetables and pulses, nothing spicy or too acidic, and Sudocream inside your anus with cling film around your finger this is what I am trying at the moment. I would stop the working out because the straining will open up your fissure and upset your hemorrhoids. I hope it helps.

• Posted

I was advised that rather than having to put the cream inside which I found unbearably painful. To massage any cream around the area and it would absorb it just as well. Far less painful. Also I have instillagel which I use when I've been to the loo to clean myself with. I put it on cotton pads and hold it in place then wipe. It is an anaesthetic and antiseptic.

Good luck

• Posted

well the good thing is dont have much pain when I wipe or put cream inside.

maybe I have more of internal hemmorhoids still....I'm waiting to see a surgeon now ut wait times are ridiculous..

what are your thoughts with diet...I eat pretty healthy but eat alot of protein....should I try vegan or plant based

• Posted

hows your progress?

yea I should stop the training but mentally cant hahah but I know I have to try it....

thoughts on diet? l eat healthy but a lot of protein....

• Posted

ive increased my fibre intake and now drink 2 or 3 litres of water each day. I also use more oil in my diet. All these changes have stopped me being constipated so in the long term preventing any further fissures.

• Posted

like you ingest more oil ie fats??? I've read to have a tbsp of olive oil a day so will try that daily.

I will stop training next week and continue with sitz bath and creams or coconut oil etx....and see....

I just dont want to stop training for along time as it's a big part of me.

I'm also concerned this will be ongoing and affect my relationships being a gay man.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.