Anal pressure sore

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had a pressure sore for 4 weeks and it has just started to become very itchy can I use the topical preparation Lanacane to he? I have been using Lidocaine but that does not help the itching and its driving me round the bend. I did read that the area is supposed to be dry but how can it be dry if I use creams? Maybe I am using too much. Comments would be appreciated

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had this and mine was wet as well. Some small leakage was uncontrollable. I am in my second week now and thanks God it stop. Still some light irritation but no pain. I guess at the beginning state it will be wet but it will get dry as it heals. send us the updates please, together we can get through this.

• Posted

Thank you for your response; they are very painful and uncomfortabe aren't they?

A GP examined me earlier and said although the sore has broken in one part there is no infection.

Good luck and please keep me posted if you need to

• Posted

I am so happy right now that I no longer feel fain nor irritation. This just proves that this is not a forever pain and that your body will heal 100%. Try the squat position in the restroom because that works wonder. And of course keep your body well hydrated and get good night sleep. It will pass.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.