Anal skin tag after fissure

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi , i am twenty years old. A few years ago i suffered from a anal fissure which has now left me with a skin tag on my anus. it really bothers me a lot and I would like rid of it. I have not seen my GP about it yet. i visited a private skin clinic who were trying to charge me £600 to remove it which i simply cannot afford. Please help as this is bothering me so much it makes me so anxious and has prevented me from getting intimate with anyone, what can i do?:(

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

  • Posted

    hi aimee, i would definitely recommend going to

    your GP if you have been experiencing any discomfort in the back passage. with anal pain/tag its definitely one of those things i think where u need additional help so save yourself £600 and get to the Gp, who i imagine will refer you to a colorectal clinic 😃 it may not be the quickest process but with something like this dont wait!

    Hope u get it sorted soon!

  • Edited

    It depends on what they look like honestly some can only be removed by a surgeon. Do you have a picture of them.

    • Edited


      hi caitlin , this is it here (sorry for such personal image ) there is only one and it is fairly small but very bothersome and embarassing. also gives me trouble with hygiene and can leave me feeling quite itchy

    • Edited

      Hi Annie,

      That definitely is a skin tag it looks just like mine. I'm not aware of how it works in the UK but I would not trust a skin clinic for this. That is not a typical skin tag that a dermatologist would remove it would be a colorectal surgeon here in the US. I have had mine for about 5 years and no one has said anything about it. If they can see it we know each other pretty good. As for the hygiene issue I suggest you cleanse the area with witch hazel after going to bathroom and you can apply some hemorrhoid cream for the itch. Best of luck please keep me updated.

    • Posted

      thankyou, i do think its bothering me more in my head than it actually should be. i am going to try and see my doctor just to see what she says. im glad i didnt go down the dermatologist route as it just felt very off to me when i was there! i will keep you updated

    • Posted

      If it was a traditional skin tag a dermatologist would be the way to go but this looks just like the ones that can form after a thrombosed hemorrhoid. Those have a lot more going on than a simple skin tag. I am glad you thought better of it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.