Anal Skin Tag Removal Healing

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey All,

I had 3 skin tags from a fissure removed 5 weeks ago. After the numbing wore off, it was one of the worst pains I've ever experienced. I'm still suffering from intense soreness after a BM. I'm not bleeding, that stopped about 5 days after. It just get intensely sore and throbs for a long time after - this can make it difficult to get to work on time in the mornings

I use a bidet to clean myself and will take a shallow hot bath to stop my the spasm in my sphincter.

I try to take metamucil everyday and get lots of fiber. My BM's are otherwise normal but this pain is getting really terrible to deal with.

Any suggestions to ease this? How long was your healing time? I'm worried this is perhaps not normal, but I can only see my doctor next month.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like you are doing all the right things. I had surgery over a year ago. The spasms took awhile to clam down. I think telling myself I was going to be in pain after a BM was actually giving my body permission to hurt. I started putting post-it notes everywhere with positive messages. Changing my mindset helped a lot. I also started listening to calming/healing meditations on YouTube. I also found that infrared saunas were helpful. And, I went for massages to relax my body (I was so tense from the pain) and I did acupuncture. As you can tell, I through everything at this! You will get better. Your body knows how to heal itself. It can take time though.

• Posted

BTW hopefully you know that I meant calm down and not clam down:D,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.