Anal skin tags

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had problems with an anal fissure for a while now, and as a result have formed a lot of skin tags/extra skin around my anus. I have had surgery to have them removed twice but they tend to grow back. Has anyone tried any home remedies with any success as I'd like to avoid surgery again? It's not possible to band them due to their position and size (the part where it joins my skin is quite long rather than what skin tags look like in other parts of the body). Even just shrinking them would be good...I wondered about the cremes/ natural oils you can buy online but am dubious about their success. Have even considered using freeze spray but too nervous. Any suggestions appreciated as I'm so sick of having these, I'm always conscious of them and they make hygiene very difficult. Thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Becky. I have skin tags. Other than not looking pretty, they don’t bother me. Are you wanting them removed just because of hygiene? I’m just curious if they cause other problems. I have a bidet that helps with hygiene!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.