Anal tears, hole in rectum? What could it be?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Since the end of September, I have been having problems with my anus. It all started when I urinated and felt a sting on my perineum. I examined myself and noticed two tears coming from my anus and extending upwards. I thought this came from wiping too hard from using the bathroom earlier that day, but the tears never went away. Instead, it seems like more have sprouted. And inside of my anal opening, it looks like there is inflammation in my rectum, it looks like there is tissue missing. It's almost as if it is a gaping hole. I am absolutely petrified. I have a doctors appointment this week to get blood work done. Members of my household have suggested anal fissures, fistulas, and even things like Crohn's Disease. There is rarely any pain or itching, only sometimes, and whenever it happens, it is very minor. I have noticed a change in bowel movements as well. They do not hurt or cause me pain. Any insight is appreciated. sad 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It sounds kinda scary and it may be that you have some form of bowel disease, like Crohn's or UC. I have IBD and I have pain in that area due to my immune system atacking my rectum. If you are diagnosed by your doctor with IBD, then there are medications that can help you. If it turns out to be a fistula, then the only way to fix it is surgery, but it is fixable. Like I said I have IBD and if you have any questions about it then feel free to ask me. I will do my best to help answer them. Most importantly, if it is IBD, it isn't the end of things. Try not to be scared or let it get to ya. It can be treated, not cured, but at least treated so things are not so difficult to live with. I hope you get answers soon and feel better.

• Posted

Thanks for your input! I went to the doctors today, and they said that theres two things going on. The first is a hemorrhoid that left a skin tag. And she confirmed that there is a little hole that seems to be tunneling somewhere. I have a referral to a gastroenterologist soon so I'll see what happens and keep you posted!

• Posted

That sounds like a fistula and they are a product of Inflamitory bowel disease. The gastro isn't really going to be able to fix it if it is, they can confirm it, then you will have to see a colorectal surgeon to fix the issue. I am sorry to hear this. I hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Fissures are a common thing and not only ibd related.

Have youhad them looked at?

Good luck

• Posted

Hello, I suggest you get a Gp appointment for a rectal examination/ blood test. U may also purchase some anusol cream from ur local pharmacy.

I am also wondering if you have been recently constipated?

All d best.

Petit

• Posted

I went to the doctors today and she examined it. She said that a hemorrhoid left a skin tag but also said confirmed that there was a hole that seemed to be tunneling somewhere. I made an appointment to see a gastroenterologist. I havent been constipated but i have seen a change in bowel movements.
    • Posted

That is a fistula and they are mostly found in people with some form of IBD. Usually the IBD is found first, then they may find a fistula as the disease progresses. I have had IBD for many years and never developed a fistula, they are not really that common. The gastro will need to confirm it and they will send you to a surgeon to fix the issue. I wish you luck and hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.