Ancle break dislocation, Fibila fracture.

Posted , 4 users are following.

End July 2019.

Fell on the stairs broke fibula lateral break and fracture dislocation.

First cast 8 weeks second cast six weeks.

Finelly walking boot 8 weeks.

Last couple weeks walking on crutches gradually working over to walking sticks.

Still have some pain stinging.

Swelling slowley getting less and shock of not weight bearing so long has had a effect on energy Levals.

Still have a non uniean fibula but last xray showing closer hoping it's a delayed uniean.

Hospital doctor says I can weight bare now at last so building up slowly.. Light exercise being the advice.

Fealing quite good compared to last appointment.

And post opp advice on lateral non uniean be great.

Had four screws fitted betweek tibila and fibula. Foot being stable so very greatfull.

Mark

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I fell down two carpeted stairs and broke my ankle in July as well!

Im pretty much back to doing everything I did before although some days still experience a little numbness

I was at ortho this week to have stitches removed after having stabilizing screw removed 3 weeks ago and he told me it can take almost a full year to get full feeling back in the foot

But Im off all restrictions He said to do as much as I want or as much as the body allows

• Posted

July here too and still have numbness, tingling and the feeling like I'm pricked with needles. I also feel like there's a tight elastic band in my foot. Can't wait for the day to come when I realize I'm back to normal.

• Posted

deedem

So great we have this platform to compare our recoverys and help others that are just beginning this very long journey

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.