And breathe

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can someone tell me i am brave and not stupid? I have hopefully done the right thing. Can you judge for me? I have finally told someone what it felt like to have an ex-boyfriend rape me 20 years back. Not only that but i told a male. Now i've opened up how do i carry on because if i don't i've been threatened with psychiatry, i WILL NOT and i say that really strongly, see them. Where would you start? What i told him today was really tough, i feel a bit better doing it but not much. In fairness i thought he would laugh or smile but he didn't. He took me seriously. I am sort of relieved but sort of terrified. I was nearly sick by what i said today. I see him in a week, do you think i should? I am so frightened of seeing psychiatry. I know this has to stop. Thanks and sorry!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.