And home again!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi All,

Had my uni knee replacement Tuesday discharged last night because I am mobilizing well! Spinal was brilliant I didn't start having pain until the next morning,Today I am in a lot of pain and feeling sick but taking dihydrocodeine and paracetamol and using icepacks which helps. Knee very swollen and hard to straighten but I can bend it to 90 already, GG

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,yes spinal's are really good in my view they take away the risk of a general,sounds like your doing well but don't push it's far too early for that,keep taking your med's even if you think your ok,make sure you take them on time keep on top of the pain as you've probably read on this forum first 4-6 are the worst so dig in there and i hope it keeps going well.

• Posted

Thanks yes I will be careful - not much choice at the moment but have managed to get it fairly straight on the bed then ice bag leaked!! It's really scary trying to do the exercises that I was doing so well pre op. GG

• Posted

First step on the long road. At this point, two big things: 1. Stay on your med schedule. If you don't get the relief you need, talk to your doc. There are lots of drug options. 2. Keep the knee moving. Do your exercises as instructed. Your actual PT should start in the next few weeks. All normal...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.