And I tell her what?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can anyone help? I have my doctor ringing Monday, tomorrow. I need to know what this I but the camera test went wrong. Help how do i explain to my doctor what went wrong? Also can i ask how can you tell if gluten free is helping you feel good? How long does it take from taking gluten out of diet to heal the bowel?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You will know if gluten free is helping you if the symptoms you had while eating gluten go away. I don't know how long it takes the stomach/bowel to heal after avoiding gluten because it may be that everyone has different rates of recovery. Simply tell your doctor what symptoms you experienced during your endoscopy. For example, did you feel pain, a gagging sensation when the tube went down, nausea, panic or anxiety?

• Posted

Thanks Pippa, that makes sense. I will tell her because i hated the camera! I don't feel as bad with no gluten in my system, but still can't be sure if it's that. I have told family, that was the worse thing. I'll let you know how i get on.

• Posted

Do you know you're the 1st person to do that. Nobody else has, well not family anyway.

• Posted

Tell me something new. When i had that camera go wrong in hospital my family wanted to know after i had it done, well my mother did. I have asked for her help with something else today and she was strange again!

• Posted

There's a saying about your family by oscar Wilde i think, it's a poem, so you'll like it, about the damage family do.

• Posted

I saw a couple of his quotes about the family which are very true indeed.

• Posted

This is a famous poem. If i find it i'll send it to you.

• Posted

Hey Sam,

For camera usually they give local anesthetic in mouth so you don't feel gaging, then you just have to swallow the scope as if you are swallowing the food.

If you can keep calm and tell your mind that this test will help me to clear my doubts about my diagnosis, you will do it.

For getting the positive result you should be on gluten diet, so if it is really a sensitivity you will know better. but for biopsy it doesn't matter much, gluten or no gluten.

As you mentioned earlier you had blood tests about gluten sensitivity, So mention that too with your doctor.

Good luck with your test. This time you will be ok and will finish the test.

• Posted

HiJello, i have never been good at having things shoved towards me throat so a camera is scary to my head. I struggled with the spray, then the sedation freaked me out further. Am going to go for other test if doctor insists, let' see. Do you think it's a good idea for the doctors to do the blood test again?

• Posted

Hi Sam,

As confirmatory test for coeliac disease is duodenal biopsy, I would suggest you should not fear the scope, Bcz if you could do it, It will help you in your diagnosis, which is the ultimate goal.

But If your doctor is confident to diagnose with the blood tests, which is not a bad idea, You can request to your doctor

• Posted

I can only read half your message. I have not gone against the test if i i need it then so be but it will have to be via general anaesthesic because the other way didn't work. My doctor is writing to my consultant to see what he suggests. I will go via medical advice. I am just wanting the truth. I am awaiting my doctors call back now.

• Posted

Hey Sam,

I am hopeful that you will find your answer soon.

All the best.

• Posted

Let us know what did you find out.

• Posted

Hi Jello, i have discovered nothing yet. There's something going on that i can be sure of but what? Who knows!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.