And my heart said no!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi people, I have never had such a bad reaction to something so upsetting. I have just discovered that the hospital my husband and I were at for Ivf have lied to us. I had really awful panic attacks last night 1 after the other 2/3! I am absolutely certain as this was such an horrendous time it's added to my trauma. Question is: can a PTSD counsellor deal with the fear and lack of trust on top of the assaults I'm also trying to deal with, with her or should I go? Am just so scared!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry Sam, I can't help you with this, I'm waiting to get diagnosed with PTSD, I see a counsellor,but not specifically PTSD, I would say try stay strong, get your mind in a good positive place, and remember, your just as good as Anyone else in the world, no-one is better than us , so shouldn't lie to us"you" , or try to bully in any way, I know it's easy me saying it, but I find when I wake up in the morning, I look in the mirror and I day to myself 5 times, I am a Lion, and repeat, and I walk around like I'm the king for the day, not looking down on anyone, just not letting anyone look down on me, I don't know if this is what you want to hear,

• Posted

Good luck to you Stephen, I am trying to keep positive but it's tough some days isn't it?

• Posted

Yes, there is a lot of tough days, more bad days than good, just because I see a counsellor, it doesn't mean I get better, he makes me feel better for a few hours, then I'm back to my normal anxious, scared self, and I know it's all in my "mind, imagination"" that has made my life a misery for over 30 years, I hope you get what you want, Stephen

• Posted

Sounds a bit silly, but if we was born in say 50 years in the future, and we had same issues, "problems" that we have now, there's probably a machine or injection that wipes out your past life and we'd start again with All the s**t deleted, I wish I had a delete button now, like you say, 2 steps forward, normally 3 steps back, At least we're trying, looking for help, so might get there one day, I just loved with my problems for about 25 years as I was embarrassed, ashamed of myself, for letting someone else mess my life up, and it came down to PRIDE, being a man, it was hard to talk about it, all cos of pride, what's pride?? It's only a feeling, . Anyway Goodnight Sam.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.