And The answer is.....

Posted , 4 users are following.

[color=red:e3bc74e25d][size=18:e3bc74e25d][b:e3bc74e25d]YES!!!!!![/b:e3bc74e25d][/size:e3bc74e25d][/color:e3bc74e25d]

I have finally been approved by my Workcover to have my surgery on my neck..... :magic: :diva: :cracker: :cheers: :bubbly: :wings: :zen:

Now i have an appointment with MY own Neuro next friday week (August14th) So i will have a date set some time after that....Im sooooooooooooo happy....and just a wee bit scared..... :roll:

Love Jas..xx.. :wings:

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I've been following your 'saga' and I'm glad that you finally have an answer.

I had a 2 level ACDF last year, the recovery was pretty good, although a recent mri scan showed that I have some disc fragments floating around in my neck! Don't let that put you off.

I hope you everything goes well for you and that you don't have to wait too long.

I'm going into hospital on Thursday (6th Aug) for further lower back surgery (number 3), so will log on when I get back to see how you get on.

Take care

Doof

• Posted

brilliant news jas, i am so pleased to hear you good news (at last). i cant believe what they put you through , they could have cut costs and time if they had done just the one consultation. chis xx
  • Posted

Thank you Chris andf Doof.... :D

Doof...Good luck with your upcoming surgery.....I hope it all goes well for you!!!

Chris......I know...Workcover make things sooooo much harder than they need too.....Its frustrating!!!!!! Hopefully its your turn next!!!!!! :D

• Posted

I saw my Neurosurgeon yesterday and he has confirmed that i will be having my surgery in the next 4 -6 weeks.... :shock: :D :shock: :D

He was sooooo lovely and answered EVERY question i had written down...He also explained the whole procedure to me...I will be having a ACDF (Anterior cervical dissection and Fusion) He will be removing my bulging discs and osteophytes and replacing my discs with cages (2 levels)

I am happy but also on an emotional rollercoaster of fear, excitement, unsure, and lots more emotions I cant think of right now...I am in a lot of pain today....

I will let you all know when i get a date..should know within 2 weeks... :D

• Posted

i am so pleased you finally got your date for the op, but i'll bet you are apprehensive as well. i'm not sure how i would feel if i was offered an op of this magnitude, i would be scared witless, i have had a spinal probe and that was awful. i will be thinking of you , i am sorry to hear you have had a bad day today, i know what its like i have had my first decent day in roughly 9weeks. keep your chin up and i will keep in touch. chris xxxxxxx
  • Posted

Thanks for your reply, Chris..... :D

Im sooooo glad you have had a better day today....9 weeks is exhausting to have constant bad pain...I have had a few in a row the last few days...Its not nice.... :cry: I am using my soft collar for some relief...it helps to keep my neck stable and i feel like i casn rest my neck for a while...I usually only last an hour or 2 in it.....God knows how i will cope with the huge hard collar i have to wear after the surgery!!!!! :shock: But i keep telling myself that it will onlt be for 6 weeks which is tiny in comparison to the rest of my life...and i need to wear it for my neck to fuse after the surgery...so i will just have to cope!!!!

Take getle care, lovely....Love Jas..xx.. :wings:

• Posted

Well...I finally have my surgery date....SEPTEMBER 4TH....2 weeks from tomorrow....I am excited and terrified all at the same time!!!!!!

Just thought some of you who still read here would like to know.... :roll:

ove Jas..xx..

• Posted

Im going to start a countdown until my Surgery..... :roll: :wink:

[size=18:97e3017b29][color=red:97e3017b29]10 days to go.....[/color:97e3017b29][/size:97e3017b29]

I feel like im on an emotional rollercoaster...some days I am super excited and impatient for the day to arrive, other days I am terrified of all the things that can go wrong with this surgery....but today i am impatient for it to be NOW!!!! I want an end to this constant pain...... :cry:

• Posted

Hiya Jass :D

Just want to wish you all the best for your op on the 4th. Take it easy, don't rush things and don't expect to get up and start running :D ( As I explained in my pm) :wink:

Hope you get back here soon to let us know how you have gotten on.

Emxx smile

• Posted

i second that love, i hope everything goes well and i will keep my fingers crossed. i have been keeping up with you on fb and how you have been suffering, i feel for you . things are rough here as well , but i dont think as bad as things are for you. good luck and i wish for a speedy recovery. .......... chris xxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.