Aneixty

Posted , 4 users are following.

In aug I think I had a panic attack , week later had an other went to er got one Ativan 1mg felt normal for 2 days they tested thyroid and blood all normal they say , been on Zoloft for 10 days , my memory is terrible , feel like a lose of intellect , until august I was on my a game , had a lot of stress this year, also have intrusive thoughts of my past threw out the day , any help would be nice just want to me again

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

We are on the exact same page. In August, I started getting panic attacks and really bad anxiety. Since then, i've gotten blood tested for anything medical and I've been on Zoloft for exactly ten days too. I know exactly how you feel when you say you want to be you again. It's kind of creepy how similar things our for us.

I'm not the best at giving advice but I saw this and thought I'd say that if you want to talk to someone who's on the same page as you id would mind to talking with ya.

• Posted

Wow, very similar to my situation. It's been a very hard year and in August I started having panic attacks, went to the ER and they took blood tests and did an EKG and chest x Ray and stuff to make sure my heart was fine and I didn't have a blood clot. All was normal, I took Ativan and was ok. I'm a college freshman and was about a month off of going to school. They put me on Zoloft, I hated it, and when my girlfriend moved across the country to start college, my anxiety began to leave me and was replaced with sadness. So I stopped the Zoloft, and I'm at college now, not nearly as anxious and not having panic attacks, but it's morphed into health anxiety for me. I'm always worried I have something seriously wrong with me like a brain tumor or something. It sucks, but I'm managing. Hope things get better for you.

• Posted

Charlie - sorry Zoloft didn't work for you. It just shows how different our brains are. Zoloft worked miracles for me.

Can you back to the doctor and explain that Zoloft didn't work for you, and ask for something different? There have to be bazillions of meds out there which will help.

Re - brain tumour fears - you haven't got the right symptoms!

good luck and love from Tess x

• Posted

Hi!

We've all experienced this, so please don't come to the conclusion that you're crazy.  You're not.

Stress, which you mentioned in your post, always causes an upsurge in yout anxiety.

Hey, when I'm stressed i get my kids' names mixed up. And I forget to go to appointments and so forth.

I tend to duvet=dive when I feel rubbish....I just crawl out of bed to feed the cats and visit the bathroom.

Oh, and I make the occasional cup of tea.

So all this is normal when you're stressed and anxious.

Keep posting, j and we'll rally round to help.

love Tess xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.