Anemia

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

Recently I found out I was anemic after visiting the dermatologist for hair loss. I’m 25, female. They said my ferratin was 5 and my iron was 6. I recently started IV at the doctors. I was just wondering if anyone else had lots of hair loss? 

I started taking more supplements. Any suggestions? 

Thanks!!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Yes this happened to me, it is very distressing. I took a silica complex from holland and barratt and it helps your hair to grow faster. Biotin is also good. Along with the iron and ferratin levels improving you will see an improvement in the strength of your hair in 2-3 months.
  • Posted

Yes. This has happened to me too. Im pleased you have been offered a ferritin infusion. Have you had investigations done in why you have iron deficiency anaemia?

It can take a while to get your hair back to normal be aware that biotin can cause acne but not in everyone. 

• Posted

Hi Sarah! Yes, I too struggle with hair loss and I am soon to be 25 as well. To be honest, I haven't had much luck. What has helped looks wise though, is I have a pixie cut now and it looks so much healthier and fuller.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.