Anemia

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello,

So I just got some blood tests done, and my rbc, hemoglobin and hematocrit is low, but everything else is in the normal range including b12 and folate. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with anemia, or if that would be considered Normocytic anemia. I have been losing wait for almost a year now(40 lbs total) lost my appetite last july, and eating the littlest bit makes me feel full and nauseous. I also burp like crazy after eating or drinking and have heartburn all the time. Ive felt generally unwell, exausted, I have joint pain, lower abdominal pain, sharp and constant dull cramps, and my bowel habits have been really different. I also have telangiasticas on my face, arms, neck,chest and hands, i started getting them when I was around 25, and keep getting more. since I havent been able to eat much I realize that is most likely the cause of the anemia, but Ive been dealing with this for over a year and am wondering what kind of underlying condition could cause this. If anyone has any experience with anemia or had/has the same sort of symptoms and anemia, id appreciate any thoughts. thank you!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi my blood count was very low had to send off stool sample was clear was on 3 iron pills a day but i only managed 2 pills made feel queezy headaches but my count after 4 months on them is now 4.2 which is good when you get a full blood sample taken ask your level 4 to 5 is good under 4 is not ear eggs greens kale spinach etc all the best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.