Anemia chest pounding

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have mild anemia but my worst symptom is this pounding in my chest. I have a regular heartbeat(between 80-90 beats per minute), it's just this hard pounding of my heart in my chest. I've had an EKG and a chest xray and both came back normal. In turn I'll get tingliness in my arms and legs along with the chest pounding. Has anyone else ever had this? Is this normal? Please help! 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, it is one of the symptoms, it's because your haemoglobin is low and your heart is having to work harder pumping more blood around your body, due to there not being enough oxygen in your red blood cells. The tingling is caused by the same thing.

It took me three months of taking iron tablets and folic acid to feel anywhere near normal.

• Posted

Sounds a bit like anxiety caused by maybe some palpitations from the anaemia. Try not to worry too much, if your EKG came back normal, your heart is just fine. Tingling in arms and legs sounds like anxiety, I'd bring it up with your doctor next time you see them, are you on medication for your anaemia? 

• Posted

This is very normal unfortunately, it's uncomfortavle but won't hurt you, I have it constantlysad best of luck on your recovery 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.