anemic

Posted , 7 users are following.

so I asked my doctor to do some tests because he isn't doing much for me my test came back positive for anemia funny I have been going to the doctors fir years complaining about being tired shaky weak and every time they tell me it's stress and I must be coming down with something well I guess not now I'm going that if I get control of the anemia it will help control my LS

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I am wondering if you were tested for pernicious anemia?  It is a separate blood test, not included in testing for just plain anemia.  You mentioned being shaky, weak and tired.  Sounds like me.  Sometimes I shake so much I can barely write, I was wondering why this was happening as it never happened before.  Years ago I was tested for pernicious anemia and told I did not have it, but my mother did and my brother has it.  Maybe I will ask for another test for it. 
  • Posted

When so shaky ask also to be tested for thyroid problems,  The two go often together - LS, anemia.  Adrenal malfunction is another possibility. 
    • Posted

Yes I was tested negative in my thyroid test and I am going to the doctor today and I'm going to ask about pernicious anemia I think that is what I have my mother has it thanks guys
  • Posted

This is interesting, i was a blood donor for many years then suddenly 2 years ago i was told my blood wasnt quite good enough. After 3 attempts i was taken off the donor register being told it was nothing serious. I am going to get in touch with them and find out if it could be related in any way. My memory is not so good but i think i didnt have enough white blood cells. I did tell me doctor at the time, they took a blood test and said nothing unusual, dont worry. But now i am wondering...
  • Posted

My primary physician found I had very serious amemia and put me on iron three times a day. My diabetes is also a factor. They took me off wheat two years ago. I was finding the weak, dizzy and low energy would come and go, probably because of the diet issues.After reading many of these and seeing Dr. Goldstein video I am going to get my diet under better consistent control. I hope that means less LS flares. Thank you to all who have shared to educate me.
  • Posted

This is very interesting. I've been very tired lately and even got my thyroid re-checked.  I'm hypothyroid but the results indicated that I was still well controlled. For the last three weeks I've had a very sore, burning mouth, which I put down to an over-harsh toothbrush and too much mouthwash. Today I looked up burning mouth syndrome and came up with B12 deficiency. Bingo! LS, thyroid problems and pernicious anaemia are often mentioned as going together in the literature so it looks as if another visit to the doctor is indicated.
    • Posted

I receive B12 injections once a month.  It definately makes a difference.  Have a thyroid problem, turned into underactive, LS and adrenal problems.  B12 is important with this.
  • Posted

I have LS - rhumatoid Arthristis and also FibreMyalgia and a Hypo-thydroid. You are describing sysmptoms i sometimes have. I know sometimes I get exhausted dealing with pain. Is there anyone else?
    • Posted

I had cancer on my thyroid 6 years ago and thyroid was removed. My endochronlogist gives me synthroid and keeps me even. I did have to have radiology treatment to kill extra thyroid cells. So now I am wanting to know more about this on my getting LS. I will see him in a couple of days so I am going to talk to him. I will let you know what I learn.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.