Anemic again

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was anemic last year and have been taking iron supplements, in Nov gp said i'm not anemic but have low iron so carried on with iron supplements, but have just found out I'm anemic again, don't understand how I can become anemic so fast and while taking supplements. Drs don't seem concerned.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amanda

I can understand how frustrating it can be because i suffered with IDA for a few years. when i got diagnosed the doctors made it clear to me that i would have to help myself with the most part of my treatment by eating more iron boosting foods. My desperation to get better saw me do exactly that in addition to taking supplements and believe me it worked. i did a lot of research and reading to help me with the sort of foods to eat.  Now i am good and feel normal again and still eat a well balanced iron boosting foods without the supplements. The doctors stopped it. i would suggest you also look into your diet and incorporate lots of high iron foods and natural supplements in all your meals and drinks.there is also a good book on Amazon where you can pick up tips and ideas. Overcoming Anaemia, My experience. 

best wishes

Lady C

• Posted

Hi lady c, thanks for your reply i do try and eat iron rich foods but forget, so will make an effort again, I guess I stopped because a Dr told me that my iron was so low that diet wouldn't make a difference, will research iron rich foods i like spinach and orange juice anyway so will start with these.

• Posted

Please do you will feel and see the difference positively

Best of luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.