Anemic taking Iron pills for 2 months still feel awful and ferritin levels are worse.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all, I (31 year old male) have been experiencing fatigue brain fog, generally feeling unwell for probably 7-8 years. Ive had MRIs and all sorts of things always finding nothing. A cbc did indicate Anemia around 3 months ago. Iron profile came back with Ferritin at 33L. I have since been taking 2- 325 Iron pills a day for just over two months. Over all im still exhausted/ brain fog and overwhelmed with anxiety or stress almost all the time with perhaps an ok day or two mixed in over the months. Just had another blood test done in preparation for a DRS appt and most of my levels have corrected but my Ferritin has gone down to 22L an my Absolute Lymphocyte count is slightly low (1.15). Any idea if this is normal or what would be causing this? Thank you!

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.