Anesthesia Reaction

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am having my first medical procedure involving Anesthesia tomorrow. I have some distant cousins (3rd cousins I think) that died from some reactions to Anesthesia back in the 70's. I am having concerns that this is something that was passed down to me. I know that we used different medicines back in the 70's and monitoring is way better now. But my main questions are, is there a medical similarity to the medicines then and the medicines used back then? Does the fact that I have this history in my family make me more likely to have a reaction now? Or are they so different that it doesn't even matter??

Forgive a silly worrier here, but just looking for some way to calm down my mind

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.