Skip to content

Colonoscopy

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Post Colonoscopy Issues

I have had several colonoscopies over the years, all done by the same Dr., no after effects, walk in the park! The one I had done 12 days ago by a different Dr. (sadly my other Dr. very ill) seemed to go smoothly. I was not awake so didn't know what went on, Previously although sedated I was totally...

Last reply
  • First time Colonoscopy - My experience

Hi, I thought i'd share my experience with others, esp those going through it for their first time. When i was told the news, i was so worried and had lots of questions I didn't know what to think at first. So i'm hoping sharing my experience will help others, even if it's just one person....

Last reply
  • Extremely painful colonoscopy

Hi, I had a colonoscopy yesterday... I would like to share my experience... I have a pain in my abdomen for 4 years and feel unwell, bloated and in pain almost every day. After many tests - almost all negative, a test for calprotectin came increased so my dr sent me to have a colonoscopy to have a look...

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy

I had mine just last week and so far waiting on this biposy results is a real pain all I have done is worry about those results the doctor found a lesion like polyp in my colon and she did not remove it either . I am still mad over that primary doctor is also I do know I do not have the heriditary genetic...

Last reply
  • Feeling rather stupid with prep

I am having a colonoscopy tomorrow morning. Have this Bi Peg Lite prep kit. Was supposed to take 3 biscodyl tablets at 10:00 am today. Got involved and distracted and didn't remember until noon. Now I am all anxious and upset that things will not go well. I have had colonoscopies in the past but...

Last reply
  • Picolax bowel prep taste?

I have a colonoscopy next week and I have been given Picolax. I was due to have this colonoscopy a couple of days ago while taking the bowel prep called Moviprep. It was so disgusting I couldn't finish it and had to cancel and rearrange the colonoscopy to next week. I'm slightly worried about...

Last reply
  • a positive colonoscopy experience from an anxiety sufferer

The procedure and the prep went well. Here's my tips Prep (movieprep) - Follow the instructions provided by the hospital - The solution tastes like lempsip .. i just downed each glass. - Be prepared to camp out in the loo. If you live alone think of everything you'll need and take it with...

Last reply
  • Ibs or ibd

Hi my inflammation test of my poo was 300 but colonoscopy and barium meal both negative, sorry for the graphic info but this is getting me down, now waiting for pill cam, anyone had it? Thanks Mumoffour

Last reply
  • Propofol and Vasovagal Response

I just had a colonoscopy and was clear about no sedation - to everyone. When I reached doctor and we discussed it again, he read through my notes and remembered my telling him about passing out during IBS episodes when the spasms of my intestines (or lower bowel or colon or whatever) trigger the vagus...

Last reply
  • bowel prep and colonoscopy experience

Having scanned the internet to find out about other people's advice and experience, I want to let anyone facing a colonoscopy know what was like for me. It was absolutely okay. People say the prep is the worst part and it was a bit tiresome. I did a two and a half day special diet followed by...

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy without support

I have been referred for a colonscopy to investigate several weeks of diarrhea and rectal bleeding. I have been reading the posts in this thread: https://patient.info/forums/discuss/painful-colonoscopy-397954 about the pain that people have experienced during this procedure. Even before that, my GP...

Last reply
  • First colonoscopy was totally fine

I’ve seen a lot of colonoscopy horror stories written, so I thought I’d share my more positive experience. Had first colonoscopy this week.  I found the prep was ok, it didn’t taste great obviously, but nowhere near as bad as I imagined. I drank it all without problems, a glass at a time, I just...

Last reply
  • Will my colonoscopy and MRI scan reveal other health issues?

So the doctors think i might have Crohns disease and im due a colonoscopy and an MRI to check for it. Lately ive had very bad anal pain and believe i have a fissure/hemmeroid (i have no idea what it is) but the pain is immense after BM's and my whole anal region aches all day. 1. Will the colonoscopy...

Last reply
  • Sedation Free Colonoscopy

I have read that many people have had a colonoscopy without sedation. I am looking for a physician in either the Tampa Bay or Orlando areas of Florida that will be willing to do this. Please let me know if you know of a practice that will do this. Thanks!

Last reply
  • What do my colonoscopy results mean?

I just had a colonoscopy on wednesday and had 16 biopsies taken. the nurse said it would take about 6 weeks for the results of them but I received a brief report of how my colonoscopy went when I was leaving.  It found mild erythema and small ulcers in sigmoid colon through to caecum and small...

Last reply
  • colonoscopy and upper endoscopy at the same time

Last Friday I had a combined colonoscopy and endoscopy of the oesophogus, duodenum and stomach done at the same time. Leading up to the procedure I was absolutely terrified and spent hours looking for information from people who'd had it done so I thought I would share it for others who may have...

Last reply
  • Still having same issues

I've been having left sided stomach issues for the past 1 1/2 years. 4 blood occult test all positive. Colonoscopy done last October. The docs came in and said there was an issue and we needed to have talk about the results. Well i noticed that the name on the first page of my paperwork wasn't...

Last reply
  • update on scary colonscopy

I just found out after finally getting a hold of a live person that not only did I stop breathing once it happened twice!!!!!--(she was reading from the dr notes that I will getting a copy of) granted it was for less then 60 seconds each time and according to the dr  when he talked to my hubby...

Last reply
  • Painful Colonoscopy with Haemorrhoid banding

OMG how painful is this procedure??? I went to work while doing the bowel prep, wasnt advised not to and the hospital was suprised when they found out I had gone to work. The procedure itself was nothing short of horrific, I was screaming in pain and begging them to stop and I heard the Dr ask 'as...

Last reply
  • ApologizE

I seem to have injected my issues into other people post. I will focus on starting a new discussion! thank. YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE!I Imagination

Posted
  • Colonoscopy clear, symptoms never resolved

In 2014, I noticed some fresh blood in my stool after the birth of my child. My doctor thought piles and gave me a Sigmoidoscopy. It was clear, biopsy normal. No piles or even a fissure. It never resolved, so in 2016 I went to a new doctor, I had an Endoscopy with full Colonoscopy. Both tests came back...

Last reply
  • picolax v movieprep

I was a bit worried after reading the side effects of both of these especially the seizures, has anyone had or know anyone else who has had any seizures due to either picolax or movieprep? I am worried as I have a procedure due next week. Any early answer would be appreciated.

Last reply
  • Change of plans

Hope I did not already post this. I am learning my way around. No endoscopy for me Thurs. Because my tooth broke. I cannot risk a bad happening with the bite block. So back to my original plan. Consulting with the doctor that I really really love to do just the colonoscopy. I had to choose another doctor...

Posted
  • Panic attack with prep for colonoscopy

Hi everyone, I am having a colonoscopy on Wednesday and I am petrified about the prep. I have a fear of vomiting but the prep I was told to use is not that much to drink (Picoprep) mix with 120ml of water and sip over 30min do with 2 more sachets at 6pm and 8pm. I feel I would be cleaned out with 2 sachets...

Last reply
  • Moviprep Prior to a Colonoscopy

Hi everyone, I wanted to create this thread because last week I had a colonoscopy and used moviprep to prepare myself the day before the procedure. Prior to this I read several forums with people stating it was the worst day of their lives and how horrible it was etc. I wanted to debunk all of this...

Last reply
  • Pain on Right lower side after colonoscopy

I have a colonoscopy on Wednesday. I was being checked for colon cancer. Reason being I constantly have horrible abdominal pains. Everything checked out fine in my procedure but it’s friday now and I find myself in horrible pain. Called the doctor that did the procedure and explained it hurt to walk...

Last reply
  • PICOLAX V KLEENPREP

KLEENPREP?.....never ever again!. I have had 5 colonoscopies in the past and have always been given PICOLAX for the prep  which was always tolerable and taken in 2 doses the day before  the colonoscopy, so therefore I normally finished opening my bowels the following morning and then...

Last reply
  • Bump inside anus:(

I'm a 32 year old male, no family history of colon cancer and for I'd say the last 6 months to a year I'd have a little blood on my toilet paper or about 5 months ago a bunch dripped out. Bright red. When I wipe I feel a small bump just inside the anus to the...

Last reply
  • Ideas? PLEASE???

Ok, I met the NICEST gastro. Doc yesterday. I had just about had it with mine. He suspects my hiatel hernia has gotten large, and this is probably why everything just walks back up my esophagus, into my mouth😖 this despite my meds. So we have a scheduled endoscopy. He offered me trying the Miramax...

Posted
  • Colonoscopy: MoviPrep Help

Hi everyone, I have a colonoscopy and a gastroscopy on Tuesday. I was provided with MoviPrep as my prep. The last time I used this I struggled to drink it and made me feel extremely ill. Has anyone any tips on how I can deal with the taste?   

Last reply
  • scary colonoscopy

fri was the dreaded day   about a week before the app I get a call they need to cancel and reschedule due to dr schedule--next opening was 4-13  I knew I wasnt going to last that long  so I called the insurance since when I set up the app I was told because of my insurance I could...

Last reply
  • Bowel spasm during colonoscopy

I had a colonoscopy recently under sedation which wore off before the procedure was finished.  Towards the end before the camera was taken out, the dr added something Intravenous. I asked what it was and she said my bowel had gone into spasm as it didn’t like the camera in it. Has anyone...

Last reply
  • Painful colonoscopy

Having had many operations in the past plus chemotherapy I can say without any hesitation that my colonoscopy carried out at Nottingham City Hospital was the most painful experience I have ever endured. It was sheer agony throughout and even though I wrote to complain afterwards the only response was...

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy worry and stress

Just wondering if anyone has been in a similar position. Long story short... ish September 2015 I got sent to hospital with suspected appendicitis (pain in my lower right stomach) night in Hospital and a few blood tests and ultrasounds later I was sent home with no diagnosis. Boxing Day 2015 exact pains...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.