Skip to content
Ad

Colonoscopy

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • My Colonoscopy Experience

I had my colonoscopy yesterday, Tuesday. For about 3 months I was dreading it. I had read some comments on forums like this. I simply didn’t know what to expect. I wanted my doctor to say it was not necessary but they wouldn’t. I thought it is only a haemorrhoid. The decision was left to me as “a competent...

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy before and after

I thought I would share my experience with you guys as I know it can be a scary time waiting for your colonoscopy. My story starts 2 years ago when I had my first colonoscopy due to bleeding I was 35 at the time. I was so scared I believed something terrible was going to be found, I was suffering blood...

Last reply
  • My Colonoscopy Prep Experience

Hi all, I thought I'd make a write up of my experience with my first ever colonoscopy prep. It's 5:30 AM the day of my colonoscopy and I'm STILL pooping so I'm by no means done with the situation, so I will update as the day goes. Warning, I'll probably get kinda gross sometimes and...

Posted
  • Painful colonoscopy

Having had many operations in the past plus chemotherapy I can say without any hesitation that my colonoscopy carried out at Nottingham City Hospital was the most painful experience I have ever endured. It was sheer agony throughout and even though I wrote to complain afterwards the only response was...

Last reply
  • colonoscopy and upper endoscopy at the same time

Last Friday I had a combined colonoscopy and endoscopy of the oesophogus, duodenum and stomach done at the same time. Leading up to the procedure I was absolutely terrified and spent hours looking for information from people who'd had it done so I thought I would share it for others who may have...

Last reply
  • Painful colonoscopy

I had a similar experience yesterday. After 3 attempts they stopped trying. So unlike my last experience where I was totally unaware and woke up in recovery. I think they have changed the sedation. Now have to do it all over again.

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy without support

I have been referred for a colonscopy to investigate several weeks of diarrhea and rectal bleeding. I have been reading the posts in this thread: https://patient.info/forums/discuss/painful-colonoscopy-397954 about the pain that people have experienced during this procedure. Even before that, my GP...

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy unsedated with gas & air (entonox) - the Picolax Prep

I had my first ever colonoscopy today, and despite being a little bit afraid, having read some horror stories on the internet, actually quite enjoyed the prep and I refused the sedation and used gas and air (Entonox) instead.  I am sharing my experiences in two separate posts (the prep / the colonoscopy)...

Last reply
  • bowel prep and colonoscopy experience

Having scanned the internet to find out about other people's advice and experience, I want to let anyone facing a colonoscopy know what was like for me. It was absolutely okay. People say the prep is the worst part and it was a bit tiresome. I did a two and a half day special diet followed by...

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy unsedated with gas & air (entonox) - the Colonoscpy

I lazed in bed until 10am then had to get up to refill my pint of water which I had drunk over night. I followed my instructions and stopped drinking water at 11am.  At 1pm I walked to the hospital and changed into the sexy paper shorts with a flap on the bum, and a gown.  A nurse put...

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy next steps

Hi I had a colonoscopy a couple of weeks back as a result of suffering from bloating and pressure for more than a month. Gladly, the consultant reported that everything was normal and no polyps etc. He advised that the symptoms were perhaps caused by a gastro infection and as I was feeling slightly better...

Last reply
  • diarrhea for 4 YEARS help?!!!

At 18 I had my gallbladder removed and was diagnosed with bile salt malabsorption which wasn't treated for 3 years. In the part of this not being treated I had 3 colonoscopies and an endoscopy and a calprotectin sample. My colonoscopy was abnormal I had adenomams and my calprotectin has came back...

Posted
  • My first colonoscopy. Disappointed with experience.

Just had my first colonoscopy. I had read horror stories and put off doing it for a while, but finally decided to just get it done to have peace of mind. I'm only 32 but have been having abnormal bowel movements for 8 months now. Below is my experience: I was given an initial dose of Fentanyl and...

Last reply
  • Pressuring doctor wants me to have colonoscopy

Positive for occult blood in stool doctor wants to do a colonoscopy, I personally don't like invasive body procedures. I have external hemorrhoid and feel a colonoscopy is a waste of my time and theirs. I have read the risks involved and quite frankly I have lived this long without any problems....

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy procedure is it painful

having read all the horror stories concerning extremely painful colonoscopy procedures I would like to reassure people that the procedure for me at any rate wasn't nearly so awful as I had expected having read the reports of others. I had a full colonoscopy privately with an experienced gastronomic...

Last reply
  • Just had a colonoscopy and won't ever have another

Tuesday this week I too had this test done. What utter rubbish about how it doesn't hurt and you won't remember it. I screamed the place down for a full hour whilst I was brutalised from inside. My meds were topped up during the nightmare, but didn't work. I checked on the potency of Fentanyl...

Last reply
  • Had it done

The prep was horrible! Okay so they gave me fentanyl, yeah that helped. They removed 12 sessil polyps they were scattered throughout. Sigmoid, ascending, transverse, descending colon. Sizes from 2mm to 3- 15mm. Now waiting for pathology results. So yeah most of you were right. The prep drink was...

Last reply
  • First time Colonoscopy - My experience

Hi, I thought i'd share my experience with others, esp those going through it for their first time. When i was told the news, i was so worried and had lots of questions I didn't know what to think at first. So i'm hoping sharing my experience will help others, even if it's just one person....

Last reply
  • Extremely painful colonoscopy

Hi, I had a colonoscopy yesterday... I would like to share my experience... I have a pain in my abdomen for 4 years and feel unwell, bloated and in pain almost every day. After many tests - almost all negative, a test for calprotectin came increased so my dr sent me to have a colonoscopy to have a look...

Last reply
  • Sensitive stomach (IBS) and colonoscopy. Help?

I'm 25, I have to get a colonoscopy done on Monday and I've never had one done before. I'm terrified of nothing other than the prep for it. I'm scared that I'll get those sharp, "gas", crippling pains and it's consuming me. It's been really hard for me and I'm...

Last reply
  • My colonoscopy experience (26 yr old)

Hi, I thought I would share my experience with some people that may be wondering what the process is like and if any pain is expected. My intention of writing this is only to help some folks have a better experience then I did. I wish I would have read this forum sooner or had someone tell me how to...

Posted
  • Colonoscopy Without Sedation

I am writing this in the hope of reassuring a person that is preparing for a colonoscopy. I am a woman in my mid thirties and have had a colonoscopy today without sedation and although offered, did not need the gas and air in the end either. The whole bowel was scoped. I would best describe, the...

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy biopsies - ouch!

Dad had a colonoscopy 11 days ago, he's experiencing bad - really bad pains just the last day or so, far worse than previously. They removed a polyp but left a larger one in, just waiting for results in this. - Has anyone else started getting pain 10 days after the colonoscopy? - Why would they...

Last reply
  • Colonic diverticula

So I actually received the final word on my abdominal CT and I have multiple colonic diverticula. Well that explains quite a bit to me, so I guess it wasn't normal after all. So now the debate is still colonoscopy or not. This might also explain some of the occult blood in the stool which can...

Last reply
  • My Colonoscopy, Unsedated

This time 3 days ago, I visited this site for reassurance ahead of a colonoscopy so I'd go in with no particular expectations, everyone's experience is different so for what it's worth, he's an overview of mine. For information, I'm 34, female, no children, small build. Never spent...

Last reply
  • I have a few questions

Hello I have a colonoscopy scheduled for the day after tomorrow. I've been trying my best to follow the bowel prep instructions and tried to avoid wheat and added fibres and things like that in my food. However, I just noticed that the particular meat I was using for my sandwiches has wheat fibre....

Last reply
  • proctitis only found on colonoscopy but still sick

They only found proctitis on my exam and the biopsy came back clear. I have been sick for almost 2 years with sever mucas in stool, blood in stool not a lot though, nauseous every day and sever constipation if not diherrea. I have sharp pains on left side and right side under ribs and vice my belly button....

Last reply
  • Cologuard vs colonoscopy

Just wondering if anyoune has used cologuard (which is advertised alot here in the US) as an alternative to a colonoscopy and if so what is your opinion on it.

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy clear, symptoms never resolved

In 2014, I noticed some fresh blood in my stool after the birth of my child. My doctor thought piles and gave me a Sigmoidoscopy. It was clear, biopsy normal. No piles or even a fissure. It never resolved, so in 2016 I went to a new doctor, I had an Endoscopy with full Colonoscopy. Both tests came back...

Last reply
  • Are you scared or worried about a Colonoscopy ?

I have had 2 colonoscopy's and I am having another one tomorrow at 9am. First let me reassure you that it does NOT hurt at all. You will either have a general or local anaesthetic and before you know it you will be having a cup of tea and a biscuit in the recovery room. The worst thing is drinking...

Last reply
  • bleeding

Have bad pain left center of stomach and each time open my bowels iam still bleeding quite a lot. Can anyone help  

Last reply
  • Bump inside anus:(

I'm a 32 year old male, no family history of colon cancer and for I'd say the last 6 months to a year I'd have a little blood on my toilet paper or about 5 months ago a bunch dripped out. Bright red. When I wipe I feel a small bump just inside the anus to the...

Last reply
  • Late getting colonoscopy

let me say I do suffer from generalized anxiety and I always think the worst when it comes to my health that us why I try to be in time for all of my tests.  I was mortified when I realizedrecentkyi was actually due fir my 10 year colonoscopy in 2015 instead of 2106 actually due December 2016.  I...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.