Skip to content

Colonoscopy

All discussions in this group

Next
  • First Colonoscopy having lots of anxiety

I am female 57 and avoided doing a colonoscopy.  My doctor ordered the colon guard test and it came back positive.  Since then I have been anxious.  I was scheduled for a test in the clinic (where my husband went) and sup prep.  The office called and said because of my weight they...

Last reply
  • How far can I travel to a colonoscopy?

My colonoscopy is scheduled for 2 or 2:30 PM and I have to be there by 12:30. It is completely unsedated. The problem it it is 4-5 hours away from home. I was thinking of staying home and just driving there in the morning early.  Questions: 1. I have to take 1 quart of Gavilyte G 400 ml five hours...

Last reply
  • Extremely painful colonoscopy

Hi, I had a colonoscopy yesterday... I would like to share my experience... I have a pain in my abdomen for 4 years and feel unwell, bloated and in pain almost every day. After many tests - almost all negative, a test for calprotectin came increased so my dr sent me to have a colonoscopy to have a look...

Last reply
  • colonoscopy and upper endoscopy at the same time

Last Friday I had a combined colonoscopy and endoscopy of the oesophogus, duodenum and stomach done at the same time. Leading up to the procedure I was absolutely terrified and spent hours looking for information from people who'd had it done so I thought I would share it for others who may have...

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy clear but still blood in stool

Hello everyone, Im 30 years old. And for 2-3 years Ive had blood in my stool. Once every two or three months or longer.  I disregarding it since I felt no pain at all. But just last month I decided to have it checked coz I got scared of hearing cancer stories. So I had colonoscopy and results were...

Last reply
  • CT Colonigraphy was way less traumatic than imagined

Just wanted to call out to anyone fretting a lot about aCT colonography. I had it last week and imagined it to be very uncomfortable and painful.. we’ll all I can say.. as someone who has never had such an invasive procedure ie. a bowel exam - it really was fine. I imagined all kinds of horrors... but...

Last reply
  • Anxiety about general anesthesia scared

Hello this is my first post on here I’m going to make it short, I’m 24 and I’m having a colonoscopy and endoscopy done next week to diagnose for celiacs disease. I’m freaked out to be under general anesthesia, I have major anxiety and I don’t know how to cope honestly. Any advice?

Last reply
  • How long does moviprep stay in your system after colonoscopy?

I had a colonoscopy on Monday - all fine (thank goodness) - my only question is for months I have had really bad constipation (hence the examination) - and due to the prep being so severe (never been so much in my life) I decided to give my laxatives a break and see what happened - well today I was able...

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy without support

I have been referred for a colonscopy to investigate several weeks of diarrhea and rectal bleeding. I have been reading the posts in this thread: https://patient.info/forums/discuss/painful-colonoscopy-397954 about the pain that people have experienced during this procedure. Even before that, my GP...

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy

Had a colonoscopy yestrrday morning. Got home had lunch, all good. Had lunch today all good, ate dinner and about 1hr after i have real bad stomach ache and loose stools also feel nauseous? I also suffer anxiety and think im ghe 1 in 10000 that is going to die from this. Has anyone suffered real bad...

Last reply
  • Getting colonoscopy in 2 weeks

Getting this test in 2 weeks  I m so nervous I just got done the endoscopy yesterday my ocd anxiety are so high right now my stomach hurt from all the anxiety when I m going to stressful cituation like this one my anxiety get bad some many things going on what will I experience with colonoscopy...

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy

I had my colonoscopy on Friday they found 6 polyps, 4 of them are 5 mm or smaller and one was between 25 - 30 mm and one was 45 mm.  I know it's stupid but I have looked on the internet and everything I'm reading says that if it's over 30 mm there are most likely cancer cells in the...

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy Without Sedation

I am writing this in the hope of reassuring a person that is preparing for a colonoscopy. I am a woman in my mid thirties and have had a colonoscopy today without sedation and although offered, did not need the gas and air in the end either. The whole bowel was scoped. I would best describe, the...

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy without sedation

Hi everyone, I’m writing this to reassure anyone that may be going for a colonoscopy and is wondering what the the prep is like, how does it feel and what to expect. I went to the GP with changed bowel habits and some blood in my stool, she referred me down the two week cancer route, so I was scheduled...

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy soon - can this pick up gluten intolerance or not?

I have a colonoscopy in a couple of weeks for issues relating to long term constipation that has gone from bad to worse in the past 2 years. Have been checked for thyroid - it's not that - but I do have a lot of symptoms that match gluten intolerance ( very similar to thyroid issues) - however I...

Last reply
  • Painful Colonoscopy with Haemorrhoid banding

OMG how painful is this procedure??? I went to work while doing the bowel prep, wasnt advised not to and the hospital was suprised when they found out I had gone to work. The procedure itself was nothing short of horrific, I was screaming in pain and begging them to stop and I heard the Dr ask 'as...

Last reply
  • Abdominal unrest after 3weeks of test

I had colonoscopy on last month and diagnosed hammarhoids in rectum but no biopsy was taken. My doctor told me to follow medication for one month and I have less burning or uneasiness while bowel movement. But the problem is that I had vomiting after the day I had colonoscopy and felt abdominal pain...

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy on Monday

Hi, I’m a 25yo male getting a colonoscopy for the first time on Monday. I have a few questions/concerns. When I was told I should have one done I was kind of stunned so couldn’t immediately think of questions for the doctor. First of all, what is the level of anesthesia used? Will I be asleep through...

Last reply
  • Flapping over colonscopy report

I have crohns disease and I'm awaitng bowel resection because of a stricture, the surgeon first wanted me to have a colonoscopy so he knew what to expect before he did the op, I had a colonoscopy last week under GA, (the previous 2 i had with the normal sedation were horrific) The report you get...

Last reply
  • Does Colonoscopy rule out Inflammatory Bowel Disease

Hi All I had a colonoscopy with biopsies taken a little while ago as a follow up to two positive faecal calprotectin results. During the colonoscopy the surgeon and nurses commented on how healthy my insides looked, and the discharge sheet stated my rectum, colon and terminal ileum were normal. The only...

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy surveillance

I had the above last year and a small polyp was removed and was advised to rescope in 5 yrs.  I have a history of bowel cancer in the family, my sister and frst cousin.  My two brothers and one sister had one done and they all had benign polyp removed.  They live abroad and was advised...

Last reply
  • Been Away

Hello everyone. Right after my colonoscopy which I had posted about, my daughter tragically passed away....life has been terribly hard since, as I know you can all imagine. I am very little by little doing a bit of posting here and there, as I can. My support groups are very important. Anyway for now,...

Last reply
  • Painful colonoscopy

Having had many operations in the past plus chemotherapy I can say without any hesitation that my colonoscopy carried out at Nottingham City Hospital was the most painful experience I have ever endured. It was sheer agony throughout and even though I wrote to complain afterwards the only response was...

Last reply
  • Horribly overtreated with bowel prep

Hello. Last year I had some terrible issues with my stomach. They have mostly faded by now, but the short of it is I had IBS-like symptoms for a good few months. I went to the hospital multiple times and I was given a huge bottle of bowel prep that I was meant to finish in four hours. Well, somehow I...

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy - Irregular Mucosa from Anal verge

Hi, Im new on here ! I had my colonoscopy today. The reason why i was referred for colonoscopy was because of bleeding in my stool and alternating between constipation and Diarrhoea.. Today, they found my colon normal but one thing they put on my notes was" biopsy from Anal Verge as they found...

Last reply
  • Post Colonoscopy Issues

I have had several colonoscopies over the years, all done by the same Dr., no after effects, walk in the park! The one I had done 12 days ago by a different Dr. (sadly my other Dr. very ill) seemed to go smoothly. I was not awake so didn't know what went on, Previously although sedated I was totally...

Last reply
  • First time Colonoscopy - My experience

Hi, I thought i'd share my experience with others, esp those going through it for their first time. When i was told the news, i was so worried and had lots of questions I didn't know what to think at first. So i'm hoping sharing my experience will help others, even if it's just one person....

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy

I had mine just last week and so far waiting on this biposy results is a real pain all I have done is worry about those results the doctor found a lesion like polyp in my colon and she did not remove it either . I am still mad over that primary doctor is also I do know I do not have the heriditary genetic...

Last reply
  • Feeling rather stupid with prep

I am having a colonoscopy tomorrow morning. Have this Bi Peg Lite prep kit. Was supposed to take 3 biscodyl tablets at 10:00 am today. Got involved and distracted and didn't remember until noon. Now I am all anxious and upset that things will not go well. I have had colonoscopies in the past but...

Last reply
  • Picolax bowel prep taste?

I have a colonoscopy next week and I have been given Picolax. I was due to have this colonoscopy a couple of days ago while taking the bowel prep called Moviprep. It was so disgusting I couldn't finish it and had to cancel and rearrange the colonoscopy to next week. I'm slightly worried about...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.