Skip to content

Colonoscopy

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Surgical clinic?!!

Hi I had a colonoscopy on the 5th sep, phoned Dr for results of biopsys yesterday nothing yet rang treatment centre today where I had it done she said there is a back log in results and to ring back end of sep! Got home to an outpatients apt at the surgical clinic in 3 weeks time...spoke to drs …

Last reply
  • Painful Colonoscopy with Haemorrhoid banding

OMG how painful is this procedure??? I went to work while doing the bowel prep, wasnt advised not to and the hospital was suprised when they found out I had gone to work. The procedure itself was nothing short of horrific, I was screaming in pain and begging them to stop and I heard the Dr ask ' …

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy results

Hi all I had my colonoscopy last week I rang the drs today for results of 8x biopsys taken! The receptionist told me they were back but the Dr needs to read them....and for me to call back in a few days?!! I askes if it was serious would they tell me now? She explained that it would have urgent …

Last reply
  • Heavy bleed after colon polyp removal

Hi I had a 40mm colon polyp removed one week ago . Minimal bleeding until this morning, I rushed to loo thinking I needed a bowel movement but it was a gush of bright red blood . Also after every meal im opening my bowels . Anyone else had simular issues.

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy

I had my colonoscopy on Friday they found 6 polyps, 4 of them are 5 mm or smaller and one was between 25 - 30 mm and one was 45 mm.  I know it's stupid but I have looked on the internet and everything I'm reading says that if it's over 30 mm there are most likely cancer cells in …

Last reply
  • Can you still have a Colonoscopy with a cold?

Hi, I meant to be having a colonoscopy next Wednesday and I have been waiting a while for it. Today I have noticed I am starting to get a cold with a sore throat and slight stuffy nose and feeling sick, although I feel sick everyday regardless. I really need this colonoscopy done as soon as, as I …

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy Without Sedation

I am writing this in the hope of reassuring a person that is preparing for a colonoscopy. I am a woman in my mid thirties and have had a colonoscopy today without sedation and although offered, did not need the gas and air in the end either. The whole bowel was scoped. I would best describe, …

Last reply
  • High fiber diet 2 days before colonoscopy still okay?

So I have a colonoscopy due in 2 days and my diet is like 30 grams a day and I heard that having a high fiber diet before a colonoscopy is a very bad thing. Is it still possible for the colonoscopy to be a success? The instructions my doctor gave me didnt say anything about not having a high fiber …

Last reply
  • Blood in stool still remains after Colonoscopy

Hello everyone. I am 18 years old. I've been suffering from abdominal pain for the last month and have also been having blood (dark and red colored) as well. I recently had both an endoscopy and colonoscopy. Both came out clear and was screened for Meckel's Diverticulum, which also …

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy experience (no sedation)

Disclaimer : everyone experiences pain differently and I don’t want to cause alarm to people waiting for a colonoscopy . So my colonoscopy wasn’t a positive experience at all .The moviprep was absolutely vile , I recommend diluting it even further than instructed as you end up dehydrated anyways …

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy

Had a colonoscopy yestrrday morning. Got home had lunch, all good. Had lunch today all good, ate dinner and about 1hr after i have real bad stomach ache and loose stools also feel nauseous? I also suffer anxiety and think im ghe 1 in 10000 that is going to die from this. Has anyone suffered real …

Last reply
  • Discomfort after colonoscopy and endoscopy

I wanted to write a post since I was unable to find answers online of what was normal after a colonoscopy. Most information online, including my post op instructions said to only call the Dr with severe pain or bleeding. Otherwise all should be back to normal the same day or within 24 hrs. I woke …

Last reply
  • patient stopped breathing the other day while having a colonscopy

I wrote in a few months ago about how when I had my last colonscopy in March I stopped breathing not only once but twice I work in a hospital where they do the colonscopy so the other day theres a code called only to find out a patient was having a colonscopy and was given to much sedation since …

Last reply
  • First Colonoscopy having lots of anxiety

I am female 57 and avoided doing a colonoscopy.  My doctor ordered the colon guard test and it came back positive.  Since then I have been anxious.  I was scheduled for a test in the clinic (where my husband went) and sup prep.  The office called and said because of my weight …

Last reply
  • colonoscopy and upper endoscopy at the same time

Last Friday I had a combined colonoscopy and endoscopy of the oesophogus, duodenum and stomach done at the same time. Leading up to the procedure I was absolutely terrified and spent hours looking for information from people who'd had it done so I thought I would share it for others who may …

Last reply
  • Hemorrhoid Banding Hurts like Heck!!

I just had the banding done 3 days ago to treat internal hemorrhoids (found during a colonoscopy). I was put to sleep so I didnt feel anything during the procedure HOWEVER I could hardly walk to my car after, I could NOT sit in the car (so lifted my butt up for the 1hr drive home) and now when I …

Last reply
  • colonscopy pain. experience

So I realise most colonscopy are painless but for those who experienced pain how bad was it? Curious because I wont be able to be sedated even if I wanted to be, because i am on my own. I once to save time had a filling fitted without any painkillers, would the pain be more than this? Also what …

Last reply
  • 23 scared I have colon cancer

Apologies in advance for the lengthy post. I'm 23 and have had trouble with diarrhea all my life. Last October I noticed blood in my stool when I wiped. I attributed it to hemorrhoids as I did have a habit of sitting on the toilet too long. Fast forward to about a month ago, I've been …

Last reply
  • Should I be worried with diarrhia for almost 2 years? Am only 16

Hi and it recently occurred to me that I have been having diarrhea almost everyday for a little under 2 years. Sometimes it is very loose stool with some shape to it, or very rounded(like balls)  and separated. I have never had blood in the stool and don’t have any symptoms other than diarrhea …

Posted
  • How far can I travel to a colonoscopy?

My colonoscopy is scheduled for 2 or 2:30 PM and I have to be there by 12:30. It is completely unsedated. The problem it it is 4-5 hours away from home. I was thinking of staying home and just driving there in the morning early.  Questions: 1. I have to take 1 quart of Gavilyte G 400 ml five …

Last reply
  • Extremely painful colonoscopy

Hi, I had a colonoscopy yesterday... I would like to share my experience... I have a pain in my abdomen for 4 years and feel unwell, bloated and in pain almost every day. After many tests - almost all negative, a test for calprotectin came increased so my dr sent me to have a colonoscopy to have a …

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy clear but still blood in stool

Hello everyone, Im 30 years old. And for 2-3 years Ive had blood in my stool. Once every two or three months or longer.  I disregarding it since I felt no pain at all. But just last month I decided to have it checked coz I got scared of hearing cancer stories. So I had colonoscopy and results …

Last reply
  • CT Colonigraphy was way less traumatic than imagined

Just wanted to call out to anyone fretting a lot about aCT colonography. I had it last week and imagined it to be very uncomfortable and painful.. we’ll all I can say.. as someone who has never had such an invasive procedure ie. a bowel exam - it really was fine. I imagined all kinds of horrors... …

Last reply
  • Anxiety about general anesthesia scared

Hello this is my first post on here I’m going to make it short, I’m 24 and I’m having a colonoscopy and endoscopy done next week to diagnose for celiacs disease. I’m freaked out to be under general anesthesia, I have major anxiety and I don’t know how to cope honestly. Any advice?

Last reply
  • How long does moviprep stay in your system after colonoscopy?

I had a colonoscopy on Monday - all fine (thank goodness) - my only question is for months I have had really bad constipation (hence the examination) - and due to the prep being so severe (never been so much in my life) I decided to give my laxatives a break and see what happened - well today I was …

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy without support

I have been referred for a colonscopy to investigate several weeks of diarrhea and rectal bleeding. I have been reading the posts in this thread: https://patient.info/forums/discuss/painful-colonoscopy-397954 about the pain that people have experienced during this procedure. Even before that, my …

Last reply
  • Getting colonoscopy in 2 weeks

Getting this test in 2 weeks  I m so nervous I just got done the endoscopy yesterday my ocd anxiety are so high right now my stomach hurt from all the anxiety when I m going to stressful cituation like this one my anxiety get bad some many things going on what will I experience with …

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy without sedation

Hi everyone, I’m writing this to reassure anyone that may be going for a colonoscopy and is wondering what the the prep is like, how does it feel and what to expect. I went to the GP with changed bowel habits and some blood in my stool, she referred me down the two week cancer route, so I was …

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy soon - can this pick up gluten intolerance or not?

I have a colonoscopy in a couple of weeks for issues relating to long term constipation that has gone from bad to worse in the past 2 years. Have been checked for thyroid - it's not that - but I do have a lot of symptoms that match gluten intolerance ( very similar to thyroid issues) - however …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.