Skip to content
Ad

Colonoscopy

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Surveillance Coolnoscopy.

Hi. I have put this post into the bowel cancer forum as well.         Here I go again. My four year colnosonoscopy is due, the last one was three years ago. All clear as was a CT scan two and a half years ago and all CEA results normal. Surgery four years ago was an extended...

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy For Suspected IBD / Picolax Bowel Prep Query

Hi All Hoping some of you might be able to give me some reassurance concerning a Colonoscopy for suspected Inflammatory Bowel Disease, due in a couple of weeks time, following high Faecal Calprotectin results. This is my second colonoscopy, the first was a couple of years back, and that one went well,...

Last reply
  • Colon polyp removal

Hi I'm a 28 year old male.last week i had a flexible sigmiscopy.doctor removed a 25mm polyp.he tattood where it was and wrote on his notes follow up appointment in 4 weeks after lab results.possible ga endoscopy.what does this mean?is this normal procedure?he never spoke to me after so I don't...

Last reply
  • No need to drink the whole prep Peglyte

My Colonoscopy Experience: I avoided headache and drinking all that nasty prep beverage! I didn't do everything they told me to do and all went swimmingly anyways. But of course, what worked for me may not work for everyone.  I am 36 year old female, 130 lbs, don't typically...

Posted
  • Colonoscopy Without Sedation

I am writing this in the hope of reassuring a person that is preparing for a colonoscopy. I am a woman in my mid thirties and have had a colonoscopy today without sedation and although offered, did not need the gas and air in the end either. The whole bowel was scoped. I would best describe, the...

Last reply
  • 5 weeks and no lab results from polyp - is this normal?

I had a 7 mm polyp removed from my rectum on 16th October and was told I would have the results back in 2 to 3 weeks. It's now been almost 5 weeks and still no results. I'm starting to worry that the polyp has been lost! Has anyone else had to wait such a long time for their lab results?

Last reply
  • Extremely painful colonoscopy

Hi, I had a colonoscopy yesterday... I would like to share my experience... I have a pain in my abdomen for 4 years and feel unwell, bloated and in pain almost every day. After many tests - almost all negative, a test for calprotectin came increased so my dr sent me to have a colonoscopy to have a look...

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy WITHOUT Sedation. Easy, Breezy!!!! My experience:

Hi. I wanted to post my experience as I spent many hours scouring the internet when I was deciding whether to have my colonoscopy with or without Versed or sedation.  I am a 50 year old woman who was going for the typical first time screening - (and I do have a history of colon cancer in my family...

Last reply
  • a positive colonoscopy experience from an anxiety sufferer

The procedure and the prep went well. Here's my tips Prep (movieprep) - Follow the instructions provided by the hospital - The solution tastes like lempsip .. i just downed each glass. - Be prepared to camp out in the loo. If you live alone think of everything you'll need and take it with...

Last reply
  • REALLY Bad Experience of Colonoscopy

Hi. I'm 53 and had my first colonoscopy today. Because I had no-one available to take me home I opted for the gas and air. I have to say it was an absolutely horrendous experience for me; absolutely excruciating. The endoscopist did say I had a particularly tight twist on the first bend and he...

Last reply
  • I am having colon issues, what should I do next?

I have been having severe intestinal cramping with sudden diarrhea every third day for three months.  I  saw my GI doc and after tests I was told that I had a fatty liver.  He prescribed Phentermine and told me to watch my carbs and fats to lose weight.  Being a type II diabetic I...

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy

I had my first ever colonoscopy yesterday, I was a nervous wreck as I was unaware of how it would be regards pain, quite a few people said it was really painful, some said uncomfortable and everyone said to go with sedation. I didn't want to be in hospital for hours coming round so decided to go...

Last reply
  • My colonoscopy and gastroscopy experiences as a 20 year old

So I recently underwent an afternoon colonoscopy procedure and I just wanted to share my experience of it at 20 years of age as someone that struggles with health anxiety. Hopefully this might help anyone else in the same situation. I also share a bit of my gastroscopy experience that I also underwent...

Last reply
  • Painful Colonoscopy with Haemorrhoid banding

OMG how painful is this procedure??? I went to work while doing the bowel prep, wasnt advised not to and the hospital was suprised when they found out I had gone to work. The procedure itself was nothing short of horrific, I was screaming in pain and begging them to stop and I heard the Dr ask 'as...

Last reply
  • CT Colonoscopy (virtual)

Hi. I’m having a virtual ct colonoscopy next week I’m scared. I have had a colonoscopy attempt that was so painful my pulse was through the roof and I was crying out. They had to stop the procedure.  ​I'm now scared of having the virtual one because a colleague who tolerated the colonoscopy...

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy fear- hel

I am due to have a colonoscopy on Saturday and I'm sat here feeling like I want to cancel the fear I feel is immense I've heard good and bad things and like always you cling on to the bad I'm also full of cold and on my period so tripley fed any words of encouragement? 

Last reply
  • itchiness for the last couple of months

Hi bit embarrassing but I've been experiencing some itchiness in the area around my anus. It comes and goes but when it does come I can't help but scratch so much that little specks of blood appear on the toilet paper and occasionally it stings when I go to the bathroom. It is exceedingly irritating...

Last reply
  • Mystery - Colonoscopy what is going on?

March. 2017 due to change in bowel habits and some blood on toilet paper i underwent a colonoscopy.  It was all clear, one biopsy taken as random biopsy all clear, no polyps and doctor says your colon looks perfect! just more fiber. Fast Foward August 2017, I go for CT scan and CT scan identifies...

Last reply
  • colonoscopy and upper endoscopy at the same time

Last Friday I had a combined colonoscopy and endoscopy of the oesophogus, duodenum and stomach done at the same time. Leading up to the procedure I was absolutely terrified and spent hours looking for information from people who'd had it done so I thought I would share it for others who may have...

Last reply
  • Prep pills need advise

I was prescribed the pills for this scope. I was told I had to make sure I was very hydrated. The problem is, I do not drink a lot of liquids normally and get a very full feeling when I do. What is the minimum amount of liquid I should consume the day before, prep day? I was told to drink 8 oz every...

Last reply
  • Are you scared or worried about a Colonoscopy ?

I have had 2 colonoscopy's and I am having another one tomorrow at 9am. First let me reassure you that it does NOT hurt at all. You will either have a general or local anaesthetic and before you know it you will be having a cup of tea and a biscuit in the recovery room. The worst thing is drinking...

Last reply
  • My Colonoscopy, Unsedated

This time 3 days ago, I visited this site for reassurance ahead of a colonoscopy so I'd go in with no particular expectations, everyone's experience is different so for what it's worth, he's an overview of mine. For information, I'm 34, female, no children, small build. Never spent...

Last reply
  • I have a Colonoscopy very soon. Should I be sedated or not?

Hi everyone, In just over a weeks time I am scheduled to have a colonoscopy. I was in the hospital overnight about 6 weeks ago now and they said that I have an inflamed terminal ileum. Exciting! I had bad pain in my right side which made me go to hospital in the first place. Over the course of the...

Last reply
  • Pathology report In!

Ok so, one in sigmoid colon and one in rectum, cancer in situ. They removed it all! So next colonoscopy 2 years.

Last reply
  • First Colonoscopy SCARED.

So I'm having my first colonoscopy in October, and have just received my prep pack. I have been provided with 'Klean Prep' as my laxative and wondering if anyone had experience with this or advice? I'm only 19 so I'm quite worried that they've sent me for a colonoscopy as I...

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy 2 days ago, still experiencing symptoms from moviprep?

I took the moviprep on Friday night ready for my morning appointment for the colonoscopy and made it up and took it as instructed. I was very careful to thoroughly read the instructions and follow the fasting diet. I went to the toilet some 30+ times while I drank the mixture which seemed excessive...

Last reply
  • My Colonoscopy Experience - details as may be helpful to others

Hi all, Just wanted to perhaps tell you about my colonoscopy experience today and preparation - hopefully it soothes some peoples’ nerves and helps others looking at it like reading other people’s experiences also helped me. ******* THE PREP ******* I started this the day before the procedure, using...

Last reply
  • Moviprep Prior to a Colonoscopy

Hi everyone, I wanted to create this thread because last week I had a colonoscopy and used moviprep to prepare myself the day before the procedure. Prior to this I read several forums with people stating it was the worst day of their lives and how horrible it was etc. I wanted to debunk all of this...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.