Colonoscopy Prep and Timing

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have a colonoscopy booked for Monday and have to be at hospital by 1pm.

I take the first dose of MoviPrep 6pm Sunday and 2nd dose 9am on the day of the procedure

I live a good hours drive from hospital and am very worried the 9 am dose will still be active and having me running to the loo at 12 noon

( when we leave !)

I am seriously thinking of moving both doses 2 hours earlier to hopefully ensure bowel activity over and done with. Has any one else done this and is this acceptable in the sense it won't mess the procedure up.

I will be very grateful of any thoughts and advice 🤔

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have read a lot on this and even been told by a nurse you can adjust the time. I have an early morning appointment and I am not staying up all night so I was told to take the last dose around 9 pm. Just be sure to finish the stuff at least 4 hours before your procedure. Also, I am using Golytely and so I looked up the product and it gave me the best instructions for timing.

• Posted

I did end up adjusting the dosing times moving the last one about 4 hours so it was all over 2 hours before leaving for the hospital journey ..It was all fine ,I told them at the hospital and no-one batted an eye lid lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.