Could IBD still be detected if in remission?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I’ve suffered with IBS/IBD symptoms for many years and got through flare ups by myself without thinking it could be any other than a bad stomach, however the past few months have been awful and decided to speak to a doctor.

I’ve just had the results of calprotectin and my levels were <1700, ❤️0 and <1800 and have now arranged a follow up call with the Dr.

I’m not sure what the next steps will be, I’m assuming a colonoscopy.

It has taken months to get this far and could take another few to find anything else out. My symptoms are currently easing so I’m just wondering if I go into ‘remission’ would an IBD still be detected? Could the intestines be inflamed even if I’m not having a flare up?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.