Lots of Pain after H banding

Posted , 1 user is following.

i had first H banding done on Tues april 3/23 and had a lot of pain afterward having it done didnt hurt at all it really hurt pinching pain afterward and then about 7 days later I feel like band fell off because pain kind of changed to a raw burning irritation inside. 11 days later went for second banding. i told dr about pain and he said the band falls off 2 to 3 days later not 7 days . weird because the pain changed for me at 7 days. he also said that the first band could have been on too tight. so we did the second banding and it felt ok afterward then by evening pinching pain was back and I am now 6 days in and at times am in tears this really hurts. am I doing something wrong?" i am drinking lots of fluids, taking stool softener combination laxative having frequent BM which just slide out so not straining i find that extra strength Tylenol does nothing for the pain so have been putting up with pain until bedtime so I can tKe something stronger. i wonder if the frquent BM (just little bits at a time) is causing irritation? my SIL had banding and had little to zero pain. what I would like to k ow is why some people seem to breeze through this and others suffer so badly. this is supposed to be helping but is turning i to a very painful experience for me and I have to do this one more time its daunting ting to have a procedure done when you know the pain that is coming please tell me it will get better and I can live a normal life again??!!! and why the H dont they have better treatment for Hemmerhoids in the first place. all i had was suppositories that didnt work and sitz baths finally I have been given a compounded ointment with sonething for pain plus nitroglycerin whci promotes new blood vessel growth for after H falls off

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.