Clear colonoscopy but still in agony

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site but just wondering if anyone has any advice or has maybe experienced anything similar at all.

Around 7 months ago I started getting severe abdominal pain on a night, it was waking me up, i had to take all clothes off due to getting hot and sweaty with the intensity of the pain, put a cold, wet flannel on my forehead, and either pace up and down or rock back and forth to try ease it. It radiated down my legs and up my back and sometimes even made me sick. When the pain came along I also got a sudden urge to open my bowels, sometimes I could be sat for hours on the toilet, although I knew I didn't need to go if that makes sense? My bowel movements ranged from constipated, to normal, to loose and back again, and this could change over a matter of hours/days. I then began opening my bowels between 5-11x per day, and also started bleeding from the back passage too, sometimes there would be blood there when I'd not even had a bowel movement.

So my GP referred me for a colonoscopy to see what's going on. I have had this done, they removed a couple of polyps 5mm and 6mm. But said everything else looked ok, took some biopsies which were OK, still waiting for results from polyps. However I'm still getting this chronic pain which makes me feel I need to open my bowels and I'm just at my wits end with it all now. I cant work, sleep, eat hardly. Has anyone by any chance experienced anything similar or could shed any light or advice on all of this? Sorry for the long winded post and thanks for reading.

Kealy Smith

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.