Painful Colonoscopy experience

Posted , 1 user is following.

My appointment was on Tuesday 30th January and the colonoscopy was supposed to take only half an hour.

I believe the gastroenterologist wasn't very professional as the whole procedure took over 2 hours and I was in agony the whole time.

They wouldn't sedate me and gave me gas and air which was useless.

After the procedure, I collapsed and had to stay in hospital for the remainder of the day.

I didn't get home until early Wednesday morning.

I did exactly what they told me to do the whole time, the prep was done properly and the breathing exercises. They found 3 polyps and removed them but said it was a challenging colonoscopy and have now booked me in for a virtual colonoscopy ( CT scan with camera ) in 3 weeks.

I will refuse to have both done ever again, If I can't have pain relief.

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.