Colonoscopy clear but still blood in stool

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone, Im 30 years old. And for 2-3 years Ive had blood in my stool. Once every two or three months or longer.  I disregarding it since I felt no pain at all. But just last month I decided to have it checked coz I got scared of hearing cancer stories. So I had colonoscopy and results were ok, no cancer, and it shows that I have third degree internal hemhoroids. But every time i feel discomfort or tolerable abdomnal pain thats when I get to have blood in my stool and no pain at all in my anal area. But my doctor is telling me that no problem with my colon and it mght be the hemhoroid. Shes nice to deal with actually and have checked my abdominal area, but Im just scared cause why the pain is in that area and not in my anal area? 

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I'm taking it you mean RED blood not dark or black blood. The most likely explanation is that you have a spot of irritable bowel and you are straining on the loo and that can make hemorrhoids bleed a bit. The other explanation is that you think the pain is somewhere else but it is in fact the hemorrhoids. A lot of people find they give you a dull abdominal ache. Pain in the abdomen is often felt generally. Bright red blood is very often caused by hemorrhoids. In a person of your age that is even more likely to be the cause. After a clear colonoscopy that is even more likely to a point of being certain. I would concentrate on trying to calm the hemorrhoids - eat more fibre in your diet and do some walking (if you don't at the moment) and try not to sit down too long on a hard seat without having a break from it and spend as little time on the loo as you can manage. Avoid constipation. Try a hemorrhoid cream and wet wipes. If you calm the hemorrhoids down and the bleeding stops then you have your answer. IF THE BLOOD IS NOT BRIGHT RED then you might want an endoscopy (stomach camera) to rule out an ulcer. But if the blood is bright red and particularly if it is on the loo paper when you wipe then you can be sure it is the hemorrhoids, which are a nuisance but not serious and suffered by most of us at some point.

• Posted

But its dark red, for the last 3 days ago I get blood on my stool then last night bo blood but my stool is very dark, blackish green, Im getting paranoid everytime I go to the toilet of what might be coming out of me. Really, and Im actually an active person but I had surgery on my right foot 6 konths ago which made me stop all the activites I usually do. Im thinking also of endoscopy but I dont wanna tell the doctor on what to do. She jnsist its hemhoroid but Im really scared thats might be not
    • Posted

Stools can be very dark coloured because of things you have eaten or drunk such as red wine, spinach or dark green vegetables or if you are taking iron. Constipation can make stools darker too. If it is dark brown it is usually normal but actual black, particularly oily or tarry looking, is not normal. If you are seeing actual black stools then you should tell your doctor who can check your haemoglobin levels to see if they are reduced and possibly check for a stomach ulcer with an endoscopy. But if that is normal then it definitely is your hemorrhoids and you should try and take your mind off it.  As long as you have untreated hemorrhoids they will bleed from time to time, as can your back passage if you get very sore there. Red blood on the loo paper in a smear is the classic sign. If you had a bleeding ulcer there would normally be other symptoms too including definite pain usually a certain period after eating. They can treat an ulcer very easily. So, to repeat, if your stools are properly black then you do need to see your doctor again. The doctor may ask for a stool sample.
    • Posted

Thank you so much for you insights and advises ill def be going back to the doctor this weekends or by next week, really hoping nothing serious. Thanks a lot. Wish you good health 😊

• Posted

Good luck! I have a strong feeling it isn’t anything, let alone anything serious but worth being sure. In 2020 I had a life- threatening bleed because whilst in hospital for something completely different the medicine they gave me caused sudden stomach ulceration so I have a vivid memory of what stomach bleeding looks like. My haemoglobin dropped to 5.2 which is a bit on the potentially deadly side but within a week I was back to normal and ulcers all gone in a month or two. So, the big thing is don’t worry too much. I know that’s easier said than done but stress can make your stomach produce too much acid and make your gut move out of sync. Plus, it causes you to produce Adrenalin (fight or flight response) which if not used up by fighting (not recommended) or fleeing (not usually practical) that can upset your digestion too. 
    • Posted

Sorry, I mistyped. 2010 of course. I’m not a time traveller lol.
  • Posted

Any updates? I am 39 years old. I had a colonoscopy 3 years ago. I had a benign polyp that was removed. Dr. said I had hemorroids and said I should repeat Colonoscopy at 50. In the last year I have had occasional blood smear on the toilet paper. In the last week I have had bright red blood a few times. In December I went for physical IFOBT Occult Blood Test which was negative. I guess now I am just paranoid with all the stories I read.

• Posted

hi! i know its been so long but do you have any updates? im going through something similar but my colonoscopy is clear. but still blood inside my stool but doctors dont have an answer 😦

• Posted

Hi! i came across this and i'm having similar symptoms. I was hoping to see and update i know its been so long. i just 2 colonoscopies in the past 2 years and blood inside my stool and i can't find any answers. i hope everything is ok with your situation. im scared because it has gotten worse and i have no answers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.