Aneurysm and Jaw Pain?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Have you had any jaw pain with your aneurysm? If so, can you describe what it felt like for you?

I have an aortic aneurysm. My husband just mentioned last night that perhaps the jaw pain that I described to him was from the aneurysm, something I had never even considered. But, sure enough several sites say that they can cause jaw pain.

Did you experience jaw pain? Was it constant or did it come and go?

Thanks!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

my husband had a ortic dissection tyoe a 1.5 years ago.

his first symptom was a really bad tooth jaw pain which radiated down .

then chest pain .

that was at breakfast time .

then hospital stabilised for 6 hrs .then transferred to kings for 8 hr emergency op.

• Posted

I have an ascending aortic aneurysm and, like the great majority of people diagnosed with one, I've had no symptoms at all.

However, I have met and heard from a number of dissection survivors and doctors who have treated them.

If you know you are at risk of a dissection, from having an aortic aneurysm, then any really severe and unusual pain, especially if it moves around your body, and even if it goes away, should be something you call the ambulance for, not check out on forums like this. The urgent need is to have a CT scan to rule out a dissection. If you do have a dissection, you may need emergency surgery and the NHS is set up to do this, and is able to do this, and operations have recently been done, regardless of COVID.

If it's a relatively mild ache or pain, which comes and goes, then it's very unlikely to be related to the aneurysm at all; you might still want to talk to your GP or possibly a dentist.

I do hope this is helpful: there's more information on the 'Think Aorta' campaign website; the group is led by dissection survivors and it's free to join and they're very friendly and supportive.

• Posted

Yes. aortic aneryism is a bulge.

aortic dissection is when it bursts causing blood to go in other vessels .Not many survive .my hubby extremely lucky .

even ambulance crew said he d be home by that eve

ECG shows normal as well but as I said earlier mainly jaw pain and then chest pain aneurysms can be monitored .

dissection can't .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.