angela

Posted , 5 users are following.

just wondering how angela is and to say we,ve not forgotten her.

i hope the surgery went well this time and everything is as it should be, now the recivery time. and i have to say im not as patient as i thought i would be! im 3+ weeks post op now and have to wait another 3 weeks before driving, im feeling so well im itching to get back to work. i do hope your better than me at this waiting lark im useless lol :roll: anyway hope your ok and post when your up to it let us know how your doing.best wishes gail

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I was wondering how she got on aswell.

Good to hear you are doing so well Gail. Don't be tempted to jump behind the wheel of that car just yet though!

Sandra

• Posted

Hi there

hope you don't mind me joining in :oops: ,has anyone heard how Angela op went yet?

i'm still a little new to patient and the condition

waiting to see consultant feb to see what happens next :roll:

Gail you said you will be going back to work soon, i am pleased for you not being in so much pain anymore :lol: , how long did you need off work before the op? its just that i have been off for 7 weeks and my employer is getting a little unset and are sending me to occupational health as they say my job is to physical [working with kids] and they don't have anything suitable at present, any advice would be helpful ,what should i do i dont want to lose my job but i can't do it at mo because of constant pain i've been there for over 5 years

must add this pain was due to aat work child jumping on my shoulders , as i was almost pain free for a long time before but had the condition for over 4years

not sure if you will make sense of this post or not med are doing thier stuff

:magic: ams

• Posted

Hi All,

Yes, I've been thinking about Angela...I do hope she has had a good outcome..I'm sure she'll be back soon and let us know...

Hi Ams,

Just read your post...employers usually refer employees to Occy Health as a matter of course....not sure where you work...I work for the NHS and they have a policy...Occy Health is predominantly there to help you so don't be too anxious about it. My Occy Halth nurse was great and told me that if I was put under pressure by my manager to return before I was ready, I was to inform her. Occy Health also informed me that I was to remain off work for 3 months post op, which I had on Nov 1st. I too return to work on Feb 4th...subject to Occy Health's approval...I have an appt with them on 16th Jan. Occy Health can also look at alternative work or ways you can return to work which can be back friendly...tho in some circumstances this isn't possible due to the severity of your symptoms and your job/worlplace environment. If you don't feel able to work, say so to Occy Health. If this is a work related injury tell Occy Health, they may be able to give you info on this. When I return to work on Feb 4th, I would have been on sick leave for 11 months and by all accounts, my path to wellbeing has run quite smoothly ( back went in Feb 07), so hopefully youe experience of the NHS will be a postive one, as has mine been, but there is still a way to go...in the meantime focus on the positives in life and the things you can take control of, as it is all too easy when in the situation we've all been in to allow frustration, and disappointment over not getting our wants, rather than needs met. Keep us posted and hope all goes well with Occy Health and the Consultant in Feb..

Take care,

Jules xx :D :D

• Posted

I too hope Angela is OK and that she writes soon!!

Chin up!

TFU

• Posted

Hi Jules

you have really but my mind ar rest smile, i work in a school 1to1 with a child with special needs, the school have had to employ someone else to do my job think this is why the head a little upset, with money a little tight . :roll:

I have been very lucky with my :doctor: gp /nhs i've aready had 2 scans, going to pain clinic at the end of jan, and orthopaedic again at the begin of feb

went to see my doc again today and she has put me on remedeine to see if that makes a difference,

i'm not going to let is bet me maybe oc/h might be able to help

thanks again for your reply smile

ams/ Annemarie :magic:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.