anger during a panic attack anyone else

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone been having a hard time dealing with panic attacks for months now but has been a ongoing issue since I was 15. Today I become a bit annoyed by someone and this feeling lasted about 10 minutes then i started to get anxiety symptoms such as breathlessness and faster heart and butterflies in my stomach with the feelings of anxiety i felt very annoyed or agitated and when people asked me questions I felt I would snap at them also urges to yell and go nuts at them the agitation was intensified by my feelings of panic this lasted for roughly half an hour. Has anyone had similar symptoms with agitation or anger it was very unusual for me and its been hours later and still feel uncomfortable by the feelings I experienced. Any input would be appreciated.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Does not sound unfamiliar at all. Look your busy feeling all weird inside and someones chatting with you so yes it can be annoying from your end. All you want to do is feel better and calm down. The last thing on your mind is listening or being involved with another person at that time. Its all part  of anxiety. Maybe if you would have said to the person im have a anxiety attck right now and need to calm it down excuse me i cant talk to anyone right now.then you wouldnt be angry. And if someone improperly, even with good intentions, tries tocalm you it can feel fake and it can be irratating. Not a time for you to concerned with people pleasing. 
    • Posted

Hi Lisa thank you for your reply i think im to nice and sometimes Im around people that I can't tell im panicking but iam a people pleaser im working on stopping that.
  • Posted

Yeah I've had that before. For me, I always wonder why I have to struggle with this. Why me? It just feels like it isn't fair.

Is that similar for you?

• Posted

Hi jp yes its very much the same as you i guess its pure frustration its draining dealing with chronic anxiety, thanks for the reply
    • Posted

I hate it so much. 

how long have you had anxiety for?

• Posted

Hi jp ive had ocd and anxiety since I was 15 im now 32 it goes to a lower level then becomes very unmanageable I have no idea why I can go a few years without bad ocd and panic attacks then bam it hits me. how about you how long have you suffered anxiety
    • Posted

Sometimes stress can make my ocd worse but other times its not related to anything ive been trying to work out why it comes and goes it's bizzare
    • Posted

I'm the same way.

If you need anything at all, post on here or feel free to send me a PM.

You are not alone.

Good luck and all the best.

• Posted

Life is full of stressors, these stressors cause our anxiety levels to fluxuate.  I have been so worked up with anxiety myself, that I lash out.  Sometimes we need to just walk away if it permits. Or explain to the person now is not the time to deal with a stressful event.  Choose your battles wisely.  Because they can cause us to become bitter and resentful, and take it personally.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.