Anger issues

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi,

i was on anti depressants for 7 years and then diagnosed with bipolar 11 so the meds were changed to venlafaxine and quetiapine. I started to feel better so came off them 8 months ago, against all advice and I went cold turkey.

once the side effects had passed I felt ok for a while but lately I've started to feel odd. Not depressed, like I was before, but more angry. I have this constant rage bubbling away under the surface, where I feel as I could rip someone's head off. I am agitated, constantly fidgeting, grinding my teeth, suffer back and shoulder pains (probably tension) and then because I am suppressing the rage I get headaches.

i can't sleep unless I take sleeping tablets and that's the one thing that seems to enable me to maintain some sort of control.

i don't feel depressed as such, but I cry a lot, do no reason and last night I was on the motorway and was thinking wouldn't it be easy if a lorry hit me and I died. That would take away the guilt of suicide, but enable me to get it all over and done with.

i don't understand what's wrong with me and don't know what to do.

im going to the doctors tonight but I think they'll just look at me as if I'm mad?

Is anger a symptom of depression / bipolar?

ive also lost interest in everything, can't be bothered to go anywhere, can't sleep without pills, don't eat so have lost a lot of weight, and have pushed everyone away.

im probably depressed but it feels different this time.

does anyone have any advice please?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Liz

You sound BI-POLAR, and possibly reverted, so you need to see your GP and explain how you are feeling.

It is unfortunate you have seen your GP, as I suggest you see Him again.

If you feel  at risk because of your anger issues, anxiety and other problems contact NHS Information on Tel 111 and explain your concerns.

BOB

• Posted

Hi Bob,

Thank for your reply. I've just spoken to my psychiatrist and he's prescribed me Quetiapine at 50mg at night and sertraline 50mg in the morning.

I've not had Sertraline before .

I cancelled my gp appointment the other day as I was waiting to hear back from my psychiatrist.

Hopefully the new meds will work.

Liz

• Posted

Hi Liz

This sounds very similar to me. By the end i too was driving on a motorway wanting a lorry to crash into me because i was to scared to take my own life. I have changed to sertraline about 4 weeks ago. Be prepared to feel very tired headaches and various feelings until they get into your system.

Good luck hope it works for you.

Alison

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.