Anger mixed with anxiety?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys today has been bad I woke up in a bad irritation mood cause I had a big fight with my boyfriend so all day I've had this feeling of inner tension were I feel like I'm gonna burst with anger I won't but feels like it anymore that talks to me makes me agitated and because of this anger it's causing me bad anxiety has anyone else had this agitation all day being annoyed by everyone and everything that turns into constant anxiety the anger is worse then the anxiety ?

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

maybe, i experience aggitation. i would describe it as being more aggitated by just anyone and everything rather than angry? although i do feel like i can't stand to be around people because they will annoy me so much when i'm feeling like this.. its when my anxiety is really playing up. then i snap at them and can be quite rude for "no reason". 

does it sound the same?

• Posted

Hi thanks for your message. Yes I feel agitated not really angry you explain it exactly how I feel it's wise than the anxiety but the agitation is mixed with anxiety which makes it a whole lot worse😖
    • Posted

yeah exactly!

worst bit is i'll feel really guilty afterwards, say sorry when i'm lets say "normal" again and really mean it, but i'm sure people think "well if youre that sorry you wouldn't keep doing it" but they just don't understand how overwhelmed with stress and frustration and agitation i feel, i just can't help it.

• Posted

I do loose my temper a lot easier I dont know if its the anxiety/depression or just my age!!!!

Stay Strongbiggrin

• Posted

Hi Lynne thank you , I guess it's from dealing with the chronic anxiety it's a arful feeling anger I think it's worse then being anxious
    • Posted

Yes I am a very laid back person and being agitated and angry does not really bode well with me.

You are not alone

Stay Stronglol

• Posted

I believe that anxiety can manifest in a variety of emotions, I too noticed more recently I have become extremely irritable, frustrated and so angry once that I smashed up my bedroom for no reason (I'm a 28 year old supposed adult for god's sake).

I cannot really explain why but I feel for you and I wish you all the best

• Posted

Hi Dan thanks for your message I do become as agitated as you describe I could easy lose it and smash stuff somehow I stop myself I think the anger is frustration cause of the chronic anxiety
  • Posted

Do you have a therapist or a counsellor or someone who is trained to help
    • Posted

Hi jp how are you going ? I do see a therapist but atm I can't afford it but will be making an appointment for next week
    • Posted

Hi jp hope your ok 😊 the therapist I see isn't free it's expensive but need to go it's such a shame mental health services are not free 😬
    • Posted

I'm okay ish. 

It really is a shame.

Where are you from?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.