Anger & Rage taking over

Posted , 10 users are following.

I've just started a course of Mirtazipine on Saturday 22nd & I'm struggling with outburts of anger & rage. It's qiute scary, I have GAD anyway so always worried about going into psychosis or something. Is anyone else feeling enraged? I've had to call in sick today because of it. Normally I like going to work to bring me out of a dark mood but can't get it together today to stride over it. It's consuming me.

0 likes, 49 replies

49 Replies

Next
  • Posted

dinky_dee I think I would contact your Dr. as soon as you can. Dose related? One drug does not work for everyone.
    • Posted

Hi steve, I spoke to my doctor today on the phone & he said to up the dose...
  • Posted

If it is the Mirtazapine that is causing these outbursts, then you sound to be having a paradoxical reaction to them. I would take steve1951s advice and see your GP asap. Usually people are quite oversedated when they begin taking Mirtazipine.

All the best

Paddy

• Posted

my GP said to up the dose to 15mg & see if I get worse with my aggression etc then if I do I'll know if it's the Mirt causing it. My poor children! I do apologie to them & explain it's tablets making me grumpy for a while. I remember hating my mother when she was like that.
  • Posted

dinky_dee You have just switched from another thread where we were talking to you. Why just switch to a new thread like this. Do you walk away when things become uncomfortable?
    • Posted

I'm talking on a few threads about this drug but started a new one to discuss anger & feelings of rage. I didn't want to hijack someone elses thread with my specific issues. Just exercising manners!
  • Posted

Hi dinky dee, I'm a bit late joining this post,but I've only just picked it up. I can only tell you my experience with Mirttazapine. The reason I picked you up was because your experience is the same as mine only the other way round.  Let me explain.  I was on  45mg of Mirtazapine for 4yrs,and I was fine,but due to the amount of drugs Im on for other problems I wanted to come off some ,I began with Mirttazapine.  Over the last 6mths I've got down to 15mg, now I'm not normally a bad tempered person, but my rage over the most silliest things is terrible. If I had a knife in my hand and my husband upset me I'm sure I'd use it .  The poor man has had to endure anything at hand I've thrown at him, ive been married 50yrs and never had this sought of rage in my life. (Luckily he knows it's the withdrawal)   My GP tells me to stay with 15mg Untill after Christmas.  I've heard on this site the lower the dose the more problems people seem to have, so god help my poor man but Haveing said all that HeHo as everyone says we're all different.   I can only emphasis if you feel out of control pester your GP. Sorry for the long post,but I really wish you well.
    • Posted

Hi, thanks for you reply. I was only on this drug for 13days & have come off it completely on the advise of my pharmasist. I've been having an allergic reaction. It's put my off trying other drugs now. I've been on SSRIs in the past but never a NASSA. I'm still waiting for it to come out of my system. I was given 15mg & chopped them in half. It was when I upped it to 15mg that I got swollen itchy legs with a rash. I had chest pains too & a racing heart. The leaflet said to stop if any of these symptons occured. 

Sorry to hear about your rage issues it is scary isn't it. I hope you feel better soon!

• Posted

Hi has your temper calmed down, I think it's one of the wort feelings yo can have.
    • Posted

Hi Norma,

yes I feel a lot calmer now. Having problems with my back today, couldn't move last night, I felp paralysed & been getting crawling sensations over my scalp & face yesterday. I think this may be food intolerance or a trapped nerve in my neck maybe. It's never ending with depression & anxiety

How are you feeling? Can your doctor give you any vallium or anything to calm you dow whilst you withdraw? I've heard lots of bad things about coming off this drug, I'm kind of glad it didn't work for me.

• Posted

Yes dinky, I had Diazapam now he's decided to take it off me.  But not for long because I'm going to get it back.  Beleive me you do want to count your blessings it didn't work for you.   I'm not alone though I've got a lot of good support on here.  My poor husband told me this morning he doesn't recognise me.  Life's full of ups and downs. I hope you get the help you need ,you'll have to fight for it though.  
    • Posted

Sometimes we don't recognise ourselves, it is an evil place to be in. Keep thinking of those ups. You are right it is a fight, I'm going back & forth to the doctors & being dishcharged from the "well being service" at every opportunity, even with suicidal ideation most days, so I'm now left having to pay for therapy because the NHS services stresses me out too much. 
    • Posted

Don't ever feel alone out there a lot of people on this site feels like you .just come on here and have a rant if it helps.   The BNF is a book your doctor uses to check up on drugs ect. You can buy one from Amason, or just google BNF.  ( don't think I've spelt Amason right )

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.