angiegirl wants to talk with anyone with these symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can anyone relate to the patern that my dizziness as if I was well and truly drunk and my balance goes. I am totally aware of what I am doing and what I want to do. It starts about an hour after I get up and at this stage I have usually just got down stairs. Within 3 or 4 minutes my dizziness kicks in I have died to work through it by hanging onto walls but I can loose the plot and fall backwards. If I sit and close my eyes and do breathing and body scans I can control my breathing after a while and then I just have to work with it. My husband is great and gives me space but keeps checking on me. But this is the weirdest thing it always goes by 11/11-30 why !  Once it goes that it back to normal for the rest of the day until the next morning. Then I migh get a couple of weeks every so often when I don't get it. I don't get spinning like vertigo or sickness. But I can't function and my day till lunch is waisted. Can anyone help ! 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

EXACTLY my symptoms, but they don't go away until I lay down. Have you had any ear testing, such as "ENG" (stands for electro-nystagmography)? This would be to test your vestibulo-ocular response (VOR) and it will tell you if your vestibular nerve-brain connections are working correctly. It's also called a "calorics" test, and the blow warm then cool air into your ear and see if you get dizzy (you should, if everything is working correctly). Good luck
    • Posted

Thank you for your ideas ans surgestions.  I would get worse if I layed down. I sleep propped up with pillows, I can't remember the last time I could lay down properly.  I have not had any of the test though.
  • Posted

Agree with looking into a possible inner ear issue. Has your doctor ever prescribed anything like Stemetil to try control the symptoms?
    • Posted

No I am waiting for the results of a weeks blood pressure readings. 
  • Posted

I've been thinking about this. Even though you don't feel the room spinning, it still my be vertigo (maybe?). They kept thinking my off-balance was due to Vertigo (BPPV) anyway, and I think they may have been partially right. Anyway, when you get up in the morning, maybe your loose "crystals" (google ear rocks) have been calm all night, and they are up and bouncing around for a while. Maybe then by noon or so, while you've been sitting a while, maybe they are somewhat "settled" again, or for the time being, aren't giving you as much trouble. That would make sense, and I would ask your doctor if you could be tested for inner ear problems like dizziness, vertigo, neuritis, silent migraines, etc. It might be an easy cure if it's BPPV and you get the right person trying to fix them.rolleyes
    • Posted

Speaking to my GP tomorrow  I have a lot of other health issues and to be honest I dread something else being added to my long list of conditions.

• Posted

Good luck. Hope the resolution of your dizziness helps your other medical problems.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.