Angina

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I have been getting central chest pains, sometimes in my back also. It comes and goes normally vet it once or twice a week sometimes more. I don't get breathless but it can be painful, and can last on and off for half the day or so. I notice when I have the pain I burp a lot more. It didn't feel like GERD as I know that that feels like I have had an ecg, but that wasn't when I was getting pains that come back ok. It's been happening around two month and I'm worried it's my heart, because that's what it feels like. Anyone else have my symtoms ?

Thanks x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi you need to see your GP and be properly checked for anything cardiac related, its probably is nothing to do with your heart but that cant be verified on an internet site and if you havent had any confirmation you need it sooner than later.

You dont

• Posted

Hi, thanks for reply, I did see my doctor he did some blood test when it first started and I had an ECG and chest xray all This was at times I didn't have the pain. I have heard unstable angina can be hard to find and that's what worries me

Mel x

• Posted

As far as i know ECG and blood tests are a good form of diagnostic tests to assert whether you have angina and even unstable angina which my sister has.

Have you discussed your fears with your GP, how old are you.

If you are still worried ask for an echocardiogram, I have costeocondritus and it can cause quite bad pain but it hurts to press in the place pain is present

• Posted

Thanks for reply, I'm only 36, I don't smoke I'm a little overweight but never really had medical problems as such. Like I said they done bloody test, ecg and chest xray a while ago. Did ur sister burp a lot with it ?

• Posted

No hers grips her quite bad, you sound as though its wind, does burping ease it, it could be indigestion but I cant say for definite, did gp give you anything to take for it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.