Angina and being tired

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi all, i had a nuclear stress test last November after having chest pains during exercise. The results came back negative, but I have had chest pain again today while gardening. I have had a rough weekend, with my other half diagnosed with a PE, we went to A&E last night and got home at 4:00am. iI have also forgotten to take my candesartan for the last 2 days. could the tiredness (and not taking bp meds) cause angina symptoms? or is it stress?

any advice appreciated, i am worried about my other half and the last thing i need is bring ill.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi so the hospital didn't diagnose angina when you went, what did they say it was.

Chest pain can be very scarey but it can be something very simple, costochondritis is very common and is quite umpleasant.

Muscular chest pain is also nasty and it can make anxiety kick which makes it harder to except its not something far worse

• Posted

Hi AlexandriaGizmo,

Sorry for the delay in replying, my Wife was rushed back into hospital again so I come second (by choice). I have spoken to my GP who informed me that the stress test came back fine. There were no signs of blockages in arteries around the heart. The results showed that my heart was ok and no sign of weakness so it is back to square one.

• Posted

No far from being back to square one your now in a position to look at the bigger picture and find the reason for chest pain that is looking less likely to be cardiac related, did your doc actually comment on what he thinks might be the cause of the pain, did he want to refer you to see anyone else, do more tests or did he consider it to be stress related

I hope your wife is on the mend

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.