Angina pain from drug use. Need advice on what i should do.

Posted , 3 users are following.

So to make a long story short i am a heroin and cocaine addict on and off for 8 years been clean for over a week now, bout a month ago i started experincing chest pain that progressed to neck pain that progressed to jaw pain shooting pain across my shouldere and down my arm and headaches had a few small realapeses on heroin only and noticed whether i was using or not im still experincing these pains. I did go to the hospital but they said my ecg and blood work was fine and attemted to do a CT scan but the contrast they injected me with missed my vein so they werent able to get any resutls. Ive also had an echo and stress test and said they were going to send the results over to my doctor but he never got them but the nurse did say they didnt see any thing alarmiing when they brefly reviewed it. I saw my doctor recently and said he belive it probably was angina but kind of put it off and said to follow up with him in a month. Knowing this is probably angina should i go back and demeand that he refer me to a cardiologist or am i just stressing my self out about something that will probably go away over time? I dont know what to do any more and feel this pain every day with horrible headaches and it doest seem to be going away. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You might have prinzmetal's angina which feels like a heart attack except you can breathe they are spasms in your coronary arteries I've had it for many many years about 6 or 7 years you have to take medicine it will not be fun but I don't know how it's going to interact with your drug use I have never taken heroin or cocaine or even pot I think it's a good idea to talk to a Cardiologist about it 💚🐸💚

• Posted

Hi bob,

Unfortunately with those substance abuses I would almost guarantee it is Prinzmetal Angina, if everything else has come back negative heart wise. Heroin and Cocaine are the number one contributors to coronary artery spasms ( Prinzmetal Angina ) alongside nictone from cigarette smoking. Lots of people get these coronary artery spasms and they don't even smoke or use drugs, it's a conditin that can hit anyone at any age / time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.