Angina tests

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, i have a feeling of something stuck under my left rib and if I exert myself at certain times it feels as if it’s being pulled tight & then I get pains in my back, arms & jaw, this all subsides if I stop moving my arms. I thought I had a hernia but my doctor sent me for a ecg & stress test at the hospital but they couldn’t do it as the reading for the ecg displayed a reading different to the one done at the Drs surgery. The hospital is sending me for a echocardiogram & a CT angiogram plus I have to wear a 24 hour monitor. Before I went to the Drs (thinking I had a hernia) I was bouncing along happily, now I think every twinge is to do with my heart 🙄. Has anybody else had this feeling of something being stuck under their ribs associated with angina, I think it’s to do with my stomach. My mind is thinking is it or isn’t it?. Thanks for reading. I’m 58 & female.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi annie,

?You my friend, sounds as though you are displaying typical female symptoms of a heart attack,  see women can present in different ways for heart attacks, the most common is reflux and the feeling of muscle strain, why this occurs in mainly woman I couldn't tell you, if the ECG was different form your Dr's surgery I dare say they may have picked something up, obviously not a heart attack as you ward be in the cardiology ward or ICU , you could bet on that.

Let's hope it's just reflux, best of luck and hope every turns out fine for you 

• Posted

Thanks samuels for the reply. My bloods came back normal & I get a lot of gurgling on the left side. My instincts tell me it may not be my heart but they want to check it out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.