Angioderma and uticaria

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I have a laundry list of issues so I'll try and make this sound as clear as possible!

I'm 23 and was diagnosed with uticaria and angioderma.

I have bile acid malabsorption, vitamin deficiencies and have had my gallbladder removed.

Questran sachets for bile seemed to work but what the heck is angioderma and uticaria?!?? I don't have a gp at the moment but apparently bile issue doesn't cause pain yet I am in severe pain everytime I eat. My skin around mouth and eyes was swelling and peeling off but now I just have hives ( for 5 years). I've been given no medication or anything was just wrote a letter saying I have it.

Now what?? Any sufferers have a clue??

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You need a complete radiology workup.
    • Posted

Who do I ask and what is this for?

I am in middle of getting new gp just awaiting a carer to take me

• Posted

I thought this was just a rash and hives like what is it is it serious?

I have throat and lip swelling a lot but they don't think it's food allergies??? Help I'm worries now xd

• Posted

Angioedema is an area of swelling of the lower layer of skin and tissue just under the skin or mucous membranes. The swelling may occur in the face, tongue, larynx, abdomen, or arms and legs. Often it is associated with hives, which are swelling within the upper skin.  Uticaria is hives or an itchy skin rash.
    • Posted

Is it a symptom or its own thing?

I was worried due to my throat lip swelling and they said an epi pen wouldn't do anything to it

• Posted

It can be due to allergic reactions to things like insect bites, food or medication.  Try a food diary to see if food is the cause and check the medication leaflet for questran to check for side effects.  Also see your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.