Angiogram

Posted , 2 users are following.

HI I have ventricular tacchycardia but my problem in in the right hand chamber of the heart so cannot be ablated. I have lived with this for over 5 years and its not caused me too many problems. But just lately it seems to be an issue. Ive just had another ECG showing non specific T wave abnormality and my GP wants me to have another angiogram. My last one was not a good experience and I am really anxious over this. Has anyone else had anything similar?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

This may or may not be helpful, free stork, as I had my angiogram in the USA but I found the experience pain free and stress free.  Nothing nasty happened, I was gowned and taken to the small theatre room, my right groin area painted with that orange antiseptic, then given medazolam (not sure how you spell that!).  I was told it was to relax me.  I don't remember any of the proceedings after that so must have gone to sleep!  A night in hospital followed, all in all a pleasant experience if you can call any hospital procedure pleasant.  The only after effect was tiredness.  I do hope your experience is a good one.  What happened during your previous one?
    • Posted

Hi Pam thanks for your reply. During my first angiogram the consultant wouldn't give me anything to calm my nerves and during the procedure my heart rate plummeted and I had to given adrenalin to raise it again. So I am very anxious about having this procedure again.

Debs

• Posted

Hmm ...  It seems that the Americans have the edge here, doesn't it?  I reckon if you have had a bad experience in the past you have an absolute right to ask for a sedative.  Why not?  It doesn't seem reasonable to withhold it.  Go for it, free stork, stick to your guns.  I presume your consultant knows the problems you had the previous time?  
    • Posted

Thanks Pam it was about 5 yrs ago my last one, but when I get my appt through I will make it clear thats what I want.

Regards

Debs

• Posted

Good luck, Debs.  Let us know how it goes, we'll be thinking of you.

Pam

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.