Angiogram

Posted , 4 users are following.

My husband had an angiogram last week and his vessels were almost clear, with a tiny bit of thickening just in one artery, with no treatment required. He continues to have minor chest pain whilst at rest and under stress so has been referred for an MRI heart scan. Wonder why this is being done after the 'gold standard' angiogram? 

There's a long wait for MRI heart scan so wondering about having it done privately. Wonder if this is permitted?

9 week wait on NHS. I know they don't like patients mixing NHS / private treatment, but don't think they can stop you?  Anyone done this? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

That's terrible, a 9 week wait, I don't think I'd ever want socialized medicine.  The longest I've ever waited for a scan is 2 weeks or less.  I couldn't imagine waiting 

9 weeks, especially if there was a serious problem

• Posted

Hello sorry to heart about ur husband, now these days doctors are bullsh-t they even didnot know what they are doing or what they are saying-----i don,t think so that they need an Mri after doing and angiogram why they didnot do it before they are just making money and 9 weeks is to long they are just kidding i remember when i go to my cardiologist to get 24 hours exg result he say ke its food though some time i have slow heart beats but i am fine eevry one face like thatand when i come out from doc room i m happy and he come after me and say if u ever feel that ur heart stop beating come to me i say tohimif its stop beating how can i come to u bcoz i will die hahahahahahhaa such a s**t
  • Posted

We have mixed up private which we have paid for, and and public hospital paperswork, some Dr's seem to get narky about private opinions, other just say you have savied the sytem a lot of dollars.

Also saved my husbands life when local Dr said there was nothing wrong with him, private specailist said otherwise, and I asked her to send her opinion to the public hospital, one Dr at our local hospital refused to read  private specailists opinion, nurses shocked to their socks, and said take husband to the specailist heart hospital across town, and gave me a copy of the private specailist opinion on file, heart hospital reaction was completly the opposite, in fact they were amazed he had been discharged  from our local hospital, he should have been transfered to heart hospital, nurses said to me in the corridor, Dr here talking to Dr at your local hospital and asking him to explain why he had discharged him, heart specailist team not happy.  End result is heart hospital kept him for 8 days and stablised him, got him on the correct meds.  Since then when he has had any issues, I drive him to the heart hospital, rather than take him to the local hospital, GP knows as i have told him what happened, previously and short of him lying on the floor unconious I would not call an ambulnace and have hi taken to the local hospital.  I have a old computer bag of all his letters both public and private, GP supllies me with any copies he gets, incl angiogram results, echcardiogram resluts, etc, for my file, and many is the time I have hd to pull my bag out and supply Dr's with more copies of specailist letters, GRRRRRR, it makes me mad they are just so lazy about reading what is already on file. Also I have educated myself about his condition, library books for a start, GP's cardiology books, and then as my knowledge imporved Dr to Dr papers on the internet university sites, some of them soo disasterous, unless you want to really frighten yourself, but nothing really fitted husband, I also found he did not have clogged arteries when they did the angiogram, his turned out to be dialated cardiomyopathy with left branch bundle block, which then advanced into being right branch bundle block, 3 years later, 3 lead pacemaker and defib installed and he is doing very well, other than virus giving him a bad fright, which gave him a really bad knocking around, but getting better once more.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.