Angiogram clear what now?

Posted , 3 users are following.

My dad has had symptoms of feeling like he is going to black out when he is walking about, chest pains and weak arms and legs for a few months now, about a moth ago he had to go to a&e because he was breathless. He was then referred for an angiogram which has come back clear. We are pleased there is nothing wrong with his heart but what could be causing his symptoms? Hope someone can shed some light on this

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Consider coronary microvascular disease/small vessel disease.
  • Posted

Has he had a halter monitor, reviewed by a cardiologist. that would show up if he has an electrical problem with his heart.

Look up Branch Bundle Block, among other issues thats what my husband has, He also had bicep pain and extreme weakness in his left arm, exactly the same as rotator cuff injury, thats what it was diagnosed as, but as I kept telling my Dr, there was nothing he had done to have a rotator cuff injury, x-ray  and cat scan eliminated rotator cuff injury, then it was suggested it was torn muscle in his arm, then again arthiritis in his shoulder, again more scans and x-rays and they all came back clear, even junior cardio's at hospital saying not his heart, and me saying yes it is, but I could not explain why I believed that so strongly, I just knew.

Eventually he presented as very weak at home, early in the morning,blood pressure normal but heart beat at 30 BPM, Dr at the emergency dept, suggested inched nerve in his neck, for the bicep pain, and weakness after I told him about all the other issues had been cleared, GRRRRRR, I completely lost it and told him what I thought and it was not pretty about his qualifications and years spent at medical school.

Senior cardio overheard me abusing the young Dr, and in the end agreed with my diagnoses, and growled at juniors and called an immediate meeting in his office with husbands file.

I would loved to have been a fly on that wall, as senior cardio in our heart hospital is someone to fear according to the nursing staff.

Oh good I said to nurses, hopefully young Dr's have learn't something.

I have made a study of my husbands heart condition, and understand alot more than the junior Dr's assume I do, for a start library books, than GP's cardio books, then papers on the internet, Dr to Dr university papers, nearly scared myself silly, but I kept thinking nothing quite fits my husbands condition, he seemed to be the odd one out, later found to have clear angiogram, no plaque in arteries.

Our local GP even queried to me when I explained, how he had missed heart issue, I told him to read his cardiologiy books, he found the very small paragraph, showed me the lines in his cardio books, about 2 halflines about electrical problem in heart showing as rotator cuff injury to all intents and purposes, he told me he won't miss the next one, and thanked me.

• Posted

Thank you for the information I really appreciate it. I will look into this and see hat the GP says tomorrow
    • Posted

The doctor has reffered my dad for a 24 hour ECG which is a holter monitor. Thankyou again for the information. It has really helped and reassured me that the doctor is taking us seriously and doing the right thing for my dad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.