Angiomyolipoma queries

Posted , 2 users are following.

morning all,

i was diagnosed with an angiomyolipoma on my left kidney in dec/jan last year. At that time, it measured 29mm. I had a second scan on Dec 1st 2020 and it is now 34x35mm. I got a letter from my consultant who said that I am still eligible for survellance and i will have another scan in Dec 2021. He said in the letter to contact him or go to the ED if i am in severe pain. i have pain all over my left side (front and back) but it is bearable, controlled by pain killers or gel.

Will it not have grown too much by Dec?

I am so confused.

Anyone else have pain like this? front, back and side?

Also, what foods should I take or avoid?

I have spoken to his secretary and I await a zoom consultation appointment - I don't know how far away that will be.

Thanks so much for reading. I am so happy to find this forum.

Megan.x

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have an Angiomyolipoma in my right kidney (2.6cm). It was 2.2cm in July 2018. I do not have any pain and was on surveillance.

Now, it shows some growth, 2.2 to 2.6 cm in 2 years. My Dr suggested embolization. But, I am trying think if there is other better way, like diet or medication.

I hope that someone has good idea in this matter too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.