Angioplasty. How long to wait?

Posted ,

Hiya

So I've been put on the list for Angioplasty and Stenting of my RCA, this was just over 2 months ago, I still haven't heard anything from them,, how long did you have to wait until you heard from them?

Thanks smile

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Well I've got my date,, 29th of August,, I can't wait cheesygrin
  • Posted

So I had the Angioplasty on the 29th, 2 stents RCA, man you would have laughed your testicles off if you'd heard me kicking off, I was almost jumping off the table, nearly the whole thing was a constant Heart Attack :D Anyway I'm still alive, it wernt nuffin cheesygrin
  • Posted

Also.... What a swizz the Hospedia TV service is rolleyes I wouldn't mind one of those boxes and screen for my bedroom though :D
  • Posted

i had my fourth one on thursday and i have never felt so awful after any of them i had stents fitted through my groin and wrist and a check up one through my wrist, this time they had to go in my left wrist and as my arterys are narrow they tried 3 times to push it in and then decided to give me this stuff to widen the artery dear god they said it will tingle a bit for a few minutes holy s..t i screamed foulmouthed words so loud i begged them to get it out of me and i am no wimp i have bad angina unstable and a severe back problem so i hurt the whole way through felt the lot and i dont care what they want to do i will never ever go through that again if you are going in for one anybody get them to go in your groin as i did and had no problems apart from not being able to breathe for a few seconds and needing gtn and i feel like ringing the helpline now four days later as i feel like rubbish and have had many more attacks of angina than normal its horrid sorry but you should know what is facing you if you go into a conveyer belt hospital as i did .
  • Posted

i waited two weeks so it says it all really !!!!
  • Posted

When I got home my Heart was feeling rather delicate but now it feels OK, all in all I'd say it was a success, I've got far less Angina smile GTN spray is rubbish though, wish I had that hospital strength stuff cheesygrin
  • Posted

If you are having problems ring them or ring an Ambulance, they broke it so they should fix it neutral

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.