Angular Cheilitis will NOT go away

Posted , 4 users are following.

Shortly over a month ago i woke up with some minor symptoms of angular cheilitis, including some barely-noticeable inflammation in the corners of my mouth, and minimal discomfort when opening my mouth to speak or eat food. Over the course of a couple weeks, the left corner of my mouth healed completely, but the right became very bad. Noticeable inflammation, minor bleeding, extreme discomfort which has led to difficulty eating and speaking. I began treating the right corner of my mouth with a topical antifungal cream, and using a coconut oil-based lip balm throughout the day (I read online that coconut oil is useful for counteracting the spread of candida). Skip ahead another couple weeks to present time... the right corner of my mouth is completely healed, but the left side has flared up again and is worse than ever!! Noticeable inflammation, discomfort to the point where it effects my eating habits. I have continued treating it with antifungal cream, avoid licking my lips, and have incorporated into my daily routine every other "do" and "don't" that ive found online while researching this condition. I am not able to see a doctor for at least another week, but this is an urgent problem that has proven to have a negative effect in so many aspects of my life, especially my job. Does anybody have any experience with this condition or know what I can do to quickly heal it and rid myself of it? PLEASE!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'm in the same boat as you, have you figured it out ??

• Posted

yes i found a solution, if you DM me i can give you some more info

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.