Aniexty and ocd

Posted , 2 users are following.

how long does citalopram take to relax you and make you feel good as I’m on week six and don’t really notice much off a relaxed difference how long do they take to take full effect can someone help me through this 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sophie. It may take a little longer. After 6 week, I did notice an improvement, albeit small. Some days were better than others. Try to note down your good moments as your brain will try to trick you into thinking that you are not getting better at all. Writing down the good moments and then looking back on them helps your realise that you are improving. Remember this drug will not take away all anxiety, especially if there is a life event which is causing it. Hang in there with it. It does work but it is gradual. Try to get out in nature or have a coffee with an encouraging friend. You are not alone. Get reading on the internet and buy some books on the subject. I have read loads of books which has really helped me understand what I am going through. Highly recommend 'Depression, the curse of the strong' x Mark

• Posted

Are you taking these tablets yourself how long did you wait to be back to your normal self I just wanna be me but it’s so hard 
  • Posted

Hi Sophie. Yes I am taking them myself. 20mg daily. It took me 6-8 weeks to feel better then about 12 weeks to feel fully recovered. (Although there is still the odd situation which throws you back a bit).

Be easy while it starts to work. I took 6 weeks off work and then did a phased return which really helped.

I am now back at work, dealing with redundancy, finalising my divorce, selling the family home,BUT, I am still doing well and I thank CIT for this. You will be ok.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.